The Temporary Student Services Specialist 1 promotes the success of ALVS by providing excellent pre and post-sale customer support via telephone, email and chat to students, parents, and school personnel. The specialist plays a key role by encouraging student enrollment, retention, and positive engagement with ALVS. Their main responsibility and goal is keeping our volume of enrollment and support requests under control and within SLA’s, with the assistance and direction of the other Student Services Team Members.
- Provides excellent customer service to ensure the virtual school meets or exceeds its goals for inquiry management, enrollment, and retention.
- Handle non-technical support for established students, parents, and school partners.
- Consultative sales environment - outline and professionally represent our various programs.
- Adheres to standard policies governing our students and courses, while advocating on behalf of clients when the situation dictates.
- Collaborates with team members to deliver a high-quality student experience.
- Ability to multitask with shifting priorities, grace under pressure, ability to use various resources to problem solve and keen attention to detail is key to this role.
- Ability to learn different software and programs including Salesforce, Admin App, Parchment, report platforms, Bluepay, MS office, Share Point, Wordpress.
- Focused on working with the team to keep the volume of our enrollment and support requests under control and within SLA’s.
- Level 1 Student Services Specialists have specific individual areas of responsibility/ownership in addition to the common tasks shared by the team in areas deemed appropriate for level 1 including, but not limited to lead generation and transcript fulfillment.
Job Qualifications and Requirements:
- Customer Service/Support experience.
- Experience with enterprise software solutions and large, complex organizations.
- Excellent telephone and written communication skills, displaying confidence in product and program knowledge.
- Quick learner; willingness to take initiative.
- Strong understanding of customer dynamics and requirements.
- Ability to maintain highest standards of confidentiality and display professional ethical conduct
- Regular and predictable attendance.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree (B.A) and/or 1-5 years of related experience in client facing service position.
- 100% employer-paid premiums for employee-only coverage for medical plan.
- Management with a vested interest in your career growth and development.
- Casual office culture.
This position does not have direct supervisory responsibilities.
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position, often sitting for prolonged periods
- Also includes repetitive motions of fingers, hands, and/or wrists due to frequent computer use
- Able to communicate clearly with others to exchange information
- Frequently required to assess the accuracy, neatness, and thoroughness of the work assigned
- Must be capable of working extended hour days when job/business needs demand
This job description is a summary of the typical functions of the job and is not intended to be a comprehensive or exhaustive list of all possible duties and responsibilities. The particular job duties of this position may change based upon the needs of Apex Learning. Additional duties may be assigned at the discretion of the supervisor. Apex Learning reserves the right to amend and change the responsibilities to meet its operational needs.
Apex Learning is an equal opportunity employer. Our intent is to recruit, hire, train, and promote all persons in all job groups in accordance with law, without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, age, veteran and/or military status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity/expression, disability, or any other protected status.