Come join our growing team!
Teacher Created Materials is a 45+ year-old, award-winning publisher of educational and trade books, digital products, and provider of professional learning services. Our vision is to create a world in which children love to learn and our products are recognized for their effectiveness and embraced by educators worldwide. Headquartered in Huntington Beach, California, the company is experiencing remarkable growth driven by customers including educators at all levels, parents and caregivers, and trade partners. We continuously work to ensure that our interactions with customers, authors, community members, and employees are always positive and that our products and services espouse the values of our company.
Teacher Created Materials offers a competitive salary and benefits package, including:
- Health, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off plus Company Holidays
- Generous 401(K) program with Match
- Generous Childcare and Wellness Programs
- Plus more!
Out-of-State Candidates - Remote / Home Office
California Candidates - Hybrid / CA Office
The Marketing Manager for Trade channels is an experienced, hands-on, proactive, and self-directed trade industry professional. This individual is responsible for successfully driving the strategic planning, development, and execution of integrated multi-channel marketing plan to increase brand awareness, generate leads and establishing the company as a leading worldwide publisher. The Manager is creative and will act on new marketing ideas, assess market trends, and will use data to drive actionable next steps and to inform the vision to drive business expansion. Reporting to the Chief Marketing Officer, this trade marketing leader will collaborate with stakeholders in the sales and content departments and play a key role in building and enhancing the TCM, Shell Education and Free Spirit brand positions.
Essential Duties / Responsibilities:
- Develop and oversee title-specific marketing campaigns for TCM, Free Spirit and Shell Education books.
- Oversee direct-to-consumer outreach for TCM, Free Spirit and Shell Education publishing categories in concert with sales director.
- Implement strategic plans for ongoing marketing of backlist titles.
- Supervise and leverage the power of publicity and a publicist to both launch new products and maintain strong performing back list titles as well as author relationships.
- Ensure the brand and product messaging is consistent through advertising, product launches, webinars, product videos, catalogs, tradeshows, for the growing portfolio of Children’s SEL trade books, workbooks, and professional education products.
- Work in close collaboration with trade sales leader to establish sales priorities and effective product placement to grow market share and product distribution.
- Use creativity to reach and engage new customers and end users and drive them to B2B partner and increase prospecting opportunities/lead generation and sales.
- Own the creation of innovative marketing assets that align with the company’s strategic plans and initiatives, delivering content that establishes TCM as an industry leader, and provides effective call-to-actions to drive sales and brand awareness.
- Mine reporting and data for insights and actionable next steps and use performance measurement systems to track and evaluate the effectiveness of strategic initiatives and key performance indicators (KPIs), providing regular reports to senior management and key stakeholders.
- Lead advertising strategy, placements, and budget to establish the just right marketing mix (events, ads, social media, author support) based on priority of titles.
- Identify trade industry trends, competitive activity, gather target audience insights
, to develop presence/positioning and messaging.
- Plan and budget for industry events/ tradeshows and for the greatest impact. Establishing unique ways to position the Teacher Created Materials, Free Spirit Publishing, and Shell Education
- Plan, develop, and implement digital campaigns with marketing automation in mind, focusing on behavior-based engagement and deploying effective triggers for lead generation, building new target audiences, and augmenting our contact database.
- Lead, write, and project manage the integrated Trade/B2B combo catalog.
- Evaluate and manage the concept and development of custom marketing requests made by the sales team, including new pitch decks, print ads, digital ads, catalog layouts, custom product descriptions, custom digital flyers, and more to increase customer satisfaction and sales.