JOIN OUR NETWORK OF AFTER SCHOOL COACHES!
Be Part of Our Movement to Inspire the Next Generation.
Become an after school coach and help us change the way kids play! At Kids in the Game, you’ll be part of a network of 100+ coaches who are working with kids from early childhood and up, providing sports and skill development, and making a positive impact in their lives.
WHO WE ARE
Kids in the Game sport and enrichment-based programs can be found in schools and communities across New York City, serving thousands of children every year. Our goal is to provide positive experiences and opportunities through sports and creative play. We inspire kids to embrace new experiences, adopt a healthy lifestyle, and build integrity. Our work is focused on achieving five ultimate impacts:
- Enhancing emotional intelligence
- Creating a positive sense of self
- Developing NYC into the nation’s top talent hub Integrating our communities
- Narrowing the income inequality gaps
Kids in the Game is a Certified B Corporation and we’re committed to doing business for good. We are striving every day to have a positive impact in the lives of our youth, and we believe that it all starts with being the best part of their day.
To learn more about our programs and our team, visit www.kidsinthegame.com.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
We’re currently interviewing and hiring coaches, college students, and youth development specialists to join our network of after school coaches and activity specialists as of Fall 2022. Positions would start in September 2022 and last through May-June 2023.
About the role: Kids in the Game offers after school programming for schools looking to incorporate educational and engaging sports and fitness classes into the traditional after school time frame. Our After School Coaches and Specialists are responsible for planning, organizing, and implementing a range of weekly activities for children and young adults from Pre K to middle school that promote creative play and skill development through individual, group, and team-based instruction. After school coaches and specialists may also be responsible for helping with homework and school work between games and activities. Typically, our coaches and specialists work in different schools throughout the week, where they coach anywhere from 10 to 20 hours per week (depending on availability and skill set) at a competitive hourly rate
Weekly Schedule: Our afterschool coaches are expected to work 10-15 hours per week in after school programs located in Manhattan, Brooklyn, and the Bronx. Most afterschool programs run between the hours of 3 - 6pm, five days per week. Some programs also required extended half day schedules once per week, which run from 1-5pm.
- Lead age-appropriate sports lessons and group games for 15-20 children in school-based and after school settings
- Implement a curriculum of engaging activities that can be adapted to children’s various learning styles and developmental needs
- Display patience and utilize positive behavior management skills to manage children’s behaviors and respond to their needs
- Specialists would be responsible for leading activities and games in their specific field of expertise (e.g. dance / creative movement, art, sports, etc.)
Compensation: This is a part-time, hourly position. We offer competitive hourly rates in the range of $20-23 / hour for after school coaches based on prior experience as a general coach, teaching, youth development specialist, or activity specialist.
WHAT YOU ARE GOING TO LOVE ABOUT US
- We are a youthful, passionate, committed team of individuals that care about our youth and city
- We are committed to developing innovative, creative programs that promote creative play and sports skill development
- We work hard and push each other personally and professionally to keep growing
- We offer you the freedom to reach new parts of NYC while working in diverse communities
- We are an active team and regularly participate in company social leagues, team-building activities, and sporting events
OUR COMMITMENT TO YOU
At Kids in the Game, you can expect to be welcomed into an engaging and spirited environment that emphasizes the importance of teamwork, open communication, and collaboration. We are proud to foster an inclusive environment where our team members feel respected by and connected to one another. We value the unique experiences, perspectives, and passions of our employees, and we look forward to adding dynamic personalities to our team.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion: We are committed to creating a diverse, equitable and inclusive work environment for all of our interns and employees. We recruit candidates from across the city, state, and country, from all cultural and socio-economic backgrounds. We have developed partnerships with organizations that allow us to target our hiring practices to include chronically discriminated against or low-income groups, and improve their access to high-quality employment opportunities.