Richmond Area Multi-Services (RAMS)
Child, Youth, & Family Services Program
Child & Adolescent Psychiatrist
Worksite: Outpatient Clinic
3626 Balboa Street, SF, CA 94121
Status: Part-time (4 - 8 hours per week)
Pay Rate: Commensurate with Experience
Note: Current remote work available
(subject to changes in SF BHS COVID-19 regulations)
RAMS provides a wide range of culturally competent services for children, youth and their families. Services are provided at the outpatient clinic, over 40 community-based and school-based sites, and via telehealth. The RAMS Child, Youth, & Family Services (CYF) department offers psychological assessments, psychiatric evaluation, medication support, individual, family
, & group therapy, case management, and consultation at school sites .
Essential Job Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Responsible for providing culturally competent child and adolescent psychiatric services at RAMS.
- Assume medical responsibility for cases & prescribe medications as necessary.
- Provide psychiatric evaluation of children and youth at the RAMS outpatient clinic and/or via telehealth, as appropriate.
- Act as liaison between RAMS and SF CBHS-CYF Child and Adolescent Psychiatric Services.
- Coordinate psychiatric services with client families and multidisciplinary care team providers; develop and implement treatment plans and goals, provide progress assessments; review/approve disposition of cases.
- Serve in a leadership/training role to clinicians, counselors, and interns/trainees in clinical care; provide case consultation as needed.
- Develop and maintain administrative and treatment documentation and records related to client care, in accordance to standards specified by agency's policies, clinical standards, and funding source (SF City & County, Medi-Cal, etc).
- Participate in functions including Program Utilization Review/Continuous Quality Control (PURQC), peer reviews, procedural and clinical services meetings, program development & review.
- Responsible for preparing comprehensive reports.
- Provide education/training on behavioral health services and issues to clients, families of consumers, community members, other professionals & program staff/interns, schools, and community organizations as necessary.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Medical Doctorate degree from an accredited medical school
- Successful completion of post-residence child and adolescent psychiatry fellowship training.
- Valid California Medical License & DEA license.
- At least 2 years of experience in providing psychiatric services to children, youth and their families.
- Experience collaborating with families, schools, community providers, other service providers, and assigned clinicians, counselors, and/or interns/trainees in treatment of children and adolescents.
- At least 1 year of experience working with patients in a community mental health setting.
- Demonstrated experience in effectively engaging difficult to reach clients and families.
- Flexibility in adjusting service delivery to meet client’s needs.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as a member of a multi-disciplinary team.
- Fingerprint clearance and annual TB clearance, as required by CBHS and San Francisco Unified School District.
- Familiarity with San Francisco community behavioral health systems, i.e. philosophy of care, levels of care for clinical services, and the delivery of such services, preferred.
- Strong commitment to the philosophy, goals, & mission of RAMS in providing community-based, culturally competent, and consumer-guided mental health services.
- Commitment to engaging in professional development activities including trainings, continuing education seminars, case conferences, and current literature review, pertinent to treatment strategies for the population of RAMS CYF Services.
- Strong interpersonal skills; ability to work effectively, function independently, and interface professionally with a diverse, multi-cultural, and interdisciplinary staff at all levels.
Administrative Supervisor: Program Director