Reed Construction is currently searching for a dynamic Talent Acquisition Specialist to join our Human Resource Team. This person will serve as a strategic partner to attract and retain top talent. If you are passionate about the construction industry and building a great team, this is the perfect opportunity for you!
To ensure success as Reed’s Talent Acquisition Specialist, you should possess extensive experience as a recruiter and the ability to attract the perfect candidate for each role. Responsibilities include managing the full lifecycle recruiting process, including sourcing, evaluating, interviewing, and selecting top construction talent. The Talent Acquisition Specialist should also be able to develop long-term recruiting strategies and cultivate trusting relationships with potential hires. Ultimately, you will lead our company’s current and future talent needs.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Manage full lifecycle recruiting for all candidates
- Maintain Applicant Tracking System
- Collaborate with hiring managers to develop recruiting strategies to fill open positions
- Work with hiring managers to design effective job descriptions and interview questions that reflect the search requirements
- Regularly connect with respective candidates to ensure qualified candidates remain engaged in current or future opportunities
- Conduct various sourcing activities to fill open positions
- Develop and deploy innovative attraction and sourcing strategies for unique positions
- Review applications and evaluate candidate skills and qualifications
- Conduct preliminary interviews with candidates to gauge interest, personality, and qualifications
- Maintains effective communication with hiring managers throughout the recruitment process to ensure positions are filled on time
- Communicate with candidates on benefits, compensation, company structure, and culture
- Execute offer agreements and offer negotiation
- Oversees and executes the onboarding process for new hires
- Use various methods to recruit and network with potential candidates, including social media platforms, networking events, and job fairs
- Build and maintain a robust and diversified candidate pipeline
- Build and foster long-term relationships with past and potential candidates
- Build interpersonal relationships with hiring managers and various company leaders (internal networking is a must)
- Serve as the brand ambassador and represent the company internally and externally at various events with the goal of building relationships with potential candidates
- Develop and maintain recruitment and selection processes for resume screening, interviews, manager feedback, etc.
- Regularly update leadership about upcoming talent acquisition initiatives to ensure alignment with company goals
- Collaborates with hiring managers and leadership to understand hiring needs and develop strategies to achieve recruitment goals
- Develop and manage the internship program
- Maintain reports on key talent acquisition metrics
- Stays current on employment laws, market trends, and potential industry issues
- Ensures all recruiting practices are consistent and in compliance with Federal, State, and EEO regulations
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, equivalent experience may substitute a bachelor’s degree in some cases.
- 5+ years of experience as lead recruiter with a focus on construction talent
- Construction industry knowledge is required.
- Proven track record for producing hiring results
- Demonstrated success in developing and maintaining professional contacts
- Hands-on experience with full-cycle recruiting using various interview techniques and evaluation methods
- Ability to handle multiple demands while keeping a positive and results-focused attitude
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, analytical, presentation, and critical thinking skills
- Demonstrated understanding of recruiting methods and best practices
- Ability to build effective working relationships and interact with senior management
- Superior oral and written communication skills
- Ability to handle and maintain confidential information
- Experience in the continual development of talent pipelines and sourcing potential candidates
- Ability to speak knowledgeably about the company and answer any questions a potential hire may have
- Firm understanding and implementation of recruiting metrics to drive decision-making
- Knowledge of labor laws, employment laws, and compliance surrounding hiring and interviewing
- Excellent computer skills, including Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
This is a full-time position and may require some travel to career fairs and off-site networking events. Hours of work are typically Monday through Friday, 8 am to 5 pm, but may vary from time to time. Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Reed Construction is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.