Kids in the Game sport and enrichment-based programs can be found in schools and communities across New York City, serving thousands of children every year. Our goal is to provide positive experiences and opportunities through sports and creative play. We inspire kids to embrace new experiences, adopt a healthy lifestyle, and build integrity. Our work is focused on achieving five ultimate impacts:
- Enhancing emotional intelligence
- Creating a positive sense of self
- Developing NYC into the nation’s top talent hub
- Integrating our communities
- Narrowing the income inequality gaps
We believe that what sets us apart is who we are and how we connect with people. We are a Certified B Corporation and we’re committed to doing business for good. We are striving every day to have a positive impact in the lives of our youth, and we believe that it all starts with being the best part of their day. To learn more about our programs and our team, visit www.kidsinthegame.com.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
Kids in the Game is looking for an Operations Intern with a strong background in planning and organization to support our Operations team. This is a strategic and hands-on role that is both on the ground at programs managing equipment in the field, as well as in the office researching and planning. As an Operations Intern, you’ll be helping to ensure our sites have the materials they need to provide effective programming for kids across New York City. Most importantly, you’ll be contributing to a supportive, safe, and fun environment for kids to grow and learn while experiencing non-stop fun!
This would be a 30-hour per week, in-person commitment with the possibility of working remotely one day per week.
Spring Dates: April 3- June 30th
Summer Dates: June 5th-September 8th
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
At Kids in the Game, we strive to be the best part of every kid’s day! As an Operations Intern, you’ll be working to ensure our staff and programs are equipped with the materials needed to keep our sites running smoothly and safely. You’ll be a part of our Kids in the Game community.
At the end of the day, you’ll be able to participate in company wide staff events where you can mingle with staff from all of our programs across the city, hang-out, and unwind! As a Operations Intern, you can expect to:
- Use EZ Office Inventory Management System to input and organize asset stocks
- Assist with Dept. of Health compliance documentation for School Aged Child Care licensed schools
- Organize and create site binders for school year programs
- Organize, pack, and distribute equipment during school year and summer camp transitions
- Complete research projects on IT services and cybersecurity