WHO WE ARE
The Kids in the Game mission is to provide positive experiences and opportunities through sports and creative play. As a Certified B Corporation, we are committed to creating a positive social impact for the communities and youth that we serve.
Our organizational philosophy is grounded in our core values. Our team members embody these values in all facets of our programming. We are Inclusive, Committed, Positive, Empathetic, and Ambitious.
ABOUT THE INTERNSHIP
The People & Culture intern will assist the Chief People Officer in carrying out projects related to the organization’s Diversity, Equity & Inclusion (DEI) initiative.
Spring Dates: April 3- June 30th
Summer Dates: June 5th-September 8th
Weekly tasks include:
- Work independently on DEI research projects, including:
- Black, Minority, and Women-owned suppliers
- Certified B Corporation vendors and suppliers
- DEI training modules for part-time staff
- Compilation of DEI articles, resources, podcasts, and Spokn links
- Assist with creating and analyzing data from the 2020 Diversity Survey
- Assist with analyzing data from the Camp Satisfaction Survey
- Participate in meetings with the DEI working group to gain an understanding of the organization’s intended DEI goals for the 2022-2023 program year
- Participate in virtual DEI workshops and present summaries to the Chief People Officer outlining recommendations for further DEI work
- Attend and take notes on coaches forums on racism and injustice
- Assist with designing DEI workshop activities for August Retreat
The DEI Intern needs to possess the ability to handle confidential and sensitive information, including employee data and workforce demographics. They will be detail-oriented with excellent written and verbal communication skills.