Thompson + Hanson Stone House is looking for a chipper, engaging sales associate who is interested in supporting retail operations on a full time basis (30-40 hours/week). Retail experience is welcome but not required.
Essential Tasks or Responsibilities of the Job
- Operate POS system.
- Represent the store in a positive manner.
- Greet all customers.
- Folding, straightening, and restocking fashion and home merchandise.
- Keep store organized.
- Dusting, sweeping, and general cleaning daily.
- Help fitting customers and finding sizes for customers.
- Promoting sales through customer service, suggesting other items that may work.
- Keeping a ‘customer book” maintaining communication with regular customers. Letting them know when new items have arrived.
- Learn proper TH gift wrapping.
- Be flexible to work extended holiday hours and cover other shifts.
- Process customer returns and refunds.
- Learn how to process designer approvals, special orders, and wholesale customer transactions.
- Process employee and family discounts.
- Attend staff meetings.
- Learn plant codes for ringing up plants.
- Stay updated on merchandise outside in garden.
- Help locate products for customers.
Essential Skills to Perform Job:
- Flexibility and ability to work extended hours during holidays.
- Ability to function in a fast paced environment and to multi-task.
- Basic math skills.
- Confident and outgoing personality.
- Knowledge of Thompson + Hanson brand and general understanding of other divisions.
- Team player.
- Basic knowledge of plants.
- Active listening.
- Communication skills.
- Interpersonal skills.
- Service orientation.
- Conflict resolution.
Physical requirements of the job:
- Bending or twisting the body.
- Keeping or regaining the balance.
- Making repetitive motions.
- Standing ~8 hours.
- Walking and/or running.
- Kneeling, crouching, and squatting.
- Pushing or pulling objects.
- Climbing ladders, scaffolding, and stairs.
- Move/lift objects. Indicate estimate of maximum weight: 30 lbs
Environmental Elements of the job:
- Work indoors, environmentally controlled.
Tools, equipment, and technology utilized for job:
- Desktop computers.
- Electronic email software.
- Microsoft Excel and/or Word
- Other Microsoft Office products.
- Retail software.
- Credit card readers.
- Social media.
- Payroll system (Paycom).
What makes this position different from the next level up and/or level down?
- Focusing on customers
- Focusing on your own tasks.
- Following manager’s instructions.
- No supervising of other employees