The System Engineer provides troubleshooting, including both onsite and remote support for Information Technology such as servers, desktops, printers, phones and network equipment for small and medium business clients. May be part of a project team in implementing a technical solution.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for responding to customer support requests through the ticketing system by takin ownership of the ticket, working the problem, and documenting the resolution and time required.
- Configure, deploy and manage server hardware and software configurations to include but not limited to, Microsoft Server, Exchange, Terminal Services, SQL, Active Directory, Office365, Citrix, RAID, virtual environments (Microsoft Hyper-V, VMWare and XenServer).
- Configure, deploy and manage network infrastructure appliances to include but not limited to, switches, routers, UTMs, wireless access points and firewalls.
- Configure, deploy, and manage workstation and laptop hardware and software configurations.
- Deploy backup solutions to ensure the integrity and recoverability of clients’ data both on and offsite.
- Provide support for mobile workforce access back to a production environment to include but no limited to, smartphones, iPad, SSL-VPN, laptops.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide technical expertise for resolution of technical problems to include software, hardware, network, systems, and application support.
- Provide documentation of technical environment of both internal and client systems.
- Other duties as assigned