Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Promotes the Company’s mission and values-based culture through the successful development of new products.
- Create and maintain shop drawings.
- Creates and maintains installation sheets including bills-of-materials, written installation instructions, material specifications, visual attachment and footer details used for field installation.
- Support shop and field installers by checking fit, form and function as required.
- Work with Drafting Supervisor to assure accuracy is acquired.
- Work with Design for Updates to 3-D Modeling as needed.
- Works with Engineering to complete engineering changes.
- Other duties may be assigned by the Manager or Supervisor.
- Analytical Decision-Making
- Learning & Development
- Planning & Organizing
- Professionalism & Integrity
- Risk-Taking/Creative Thinking
- Teamwork & Relationship-Building
- Results Orientation
Education and/or Experience
- Associates Degree in Drafting and Design with 3 to 5 years of relevant experience
- Must have strong mathematical and numerical skills
Minimal travel required (less than 5%)
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Must have the ability to write routine reports and correspondence as well as be able to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of the organization.
Must have the ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Knowledge of AutoDesk Inventor and understanding of how to create 3D models
- Knowledge of AutoDesk Vault software helpful
- Extensive computer experience with a basic knowledge of 2D and 3D design and drafting visualization
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee will frequently walk and sit; use hands and fingers, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or listen.
The employee will occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. (50 pounds is the max)
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet, except in the manufacturing environment where PPE may be required.