Location: Bay Area, Sacramento
Gotham Greens is seeking dynamic Sales Representative to join our growing Sales Team. The Sales Representative will provide excellent customer service and support to maintain and grow accounts with regional retail and foodservice customers. Greens is creating new ways to farm, produce local food, revitalize communities and innovate for a sustainable future. This role will grow sales through new customer acquisition, customer retention and securing growth opportunities with current customers.
The Sales Representative will be in contact daily with current and prospective customers. Prior experience in the produce, natural and organic food, and/or CPG industry preferred. This is an opportunity for an enthusiastic, self-motivated and organized individual to assume a position at a rapidly growing, innovative company improving the 21st-century food system.
What You’ll Do
• Regularly call on new and existing store accounts to manage relationships with buyers and merchandisers
• Provide merchandising and marketing support, inventory management, and assist with the execution of in-store promotions
• Become the face of the company to retail stores on the east coast
• Participate in local produce industry events
• Manage communication between local accounts and sales leadership
• Open new store accounts in accordance with sales and growth strategy
• Develop strong relationships with customers, buyers, chefs, store employees as well as merchandising and distribution partners
• Prepare and deliver sales materials and presentations
• Enter and update customer records in CRM software
• Manage Gotham Greens’ local in-store shopper marketing and demo programs to ensure that the company is maximizing its ROI and maintaining consistent branding and messaging at retailers across various regions
• Perform occasional in-store product demonstrations to introduce and educate consumers and store employees on Gotham Greens products and brand
• Local and regional travel up to 50% of the time will be required in the territory focused on new business development, account management, and tradeshows as needed
Who You Are
• 2+ years of relevant sales experience (CPG retail, produce preferred)
• A Bachelor’s degree in business, food science, or related degree preferred or equivalent experience.
• A flexible schedule and ability to work efficiently with minimal supervision
• Strong knowledge of the local and regional food industry
• Experience selling into retail, restaurants, hotels, cafes, and distributors
• Experience achieving monthly, quarterly, annual case volume, and revenue targets
• Passionate commitment to our principles of sustainable agriculture and food
• Ability to travel to key accounts, company office locations, as well as adaptability to the current Work from Home environment
Who We Are
Gotham Greens is on a mission to transform how and where fresh produce is grown. We are a pioneer in urban indoor agriculture and a leading fresh produce and food company. Through our national network of local high-tech farms, Gotham Greens delivers fresh, long-lasting, and delicious leafy greens, herbs, salad dressings and pesto dip all year round to retail, restaurant, and foodservice customers.
Today, Gotham Greens has 9 locations with 600,000+ sq. ft. of hydroponic greenhouses across six U.S. states and over 400 team members. Since its launch in 2011, Gotham Greens has grown from a single urban rooftop greenhouse in Brooklyn, N.Y., to a multi-state greenhouse operator and one of the largest hydroponic leafy green producers in North America.
Gotham Greens recently raised $87 million in new equity and debt capital, bringing our total financing to $130 million and fueling our company’s next phase of growth.