The Mountain Activities Manager is responsible for managing daily operations of the Soldier Hollow public activities. They are responsible for providing a high level of customer service and safety to all Soldier Hollow guest. They are responsible for scheduling and overall supervision of Mountain Activities supervisors, leads and staff members. This position is also responsible for coordinating closely with Mountain Operations to ensure that the hill, conveyor lift, and other equipment are properly groomed and maintained at all times.
Key Responsibilities and Duties
Tubing Hill Operations
- Oversee active safety management.
- Hire Mountain Activity supervisors, leads and staff members.
- Train tubing hill and other activity staff members.
- Schedule supervisors, shift leads and staff member.
- Organize orientation and complete all new hire documentation.
- Oversee functionality and day to day running of the tubing hill.
- Responsible for safety of all Mountain Activity employees.
- Responsible for safety of all customers.
- Review and oversee all daily logbooks.
- Coordinate with Mountain Ops on daily maintenance of lift(s).
- Maintain snow base at load and unload areas.
- Daily checks and repairs to any lifts, cables, runs, equipment.
- Maintain log of hours for lifts.
- Contact for UDOT, State Ropeway Engineer, annual inspections etc.
- Train staff on daily lift operations and maintenance.
- Maintain tube Inventory. Maintain proper inflation levels, Patch and repair tubes as needed.
- Keep logs of condition of tubes. Send tubes back to vender for refurbishing as needed.
- Communicate with tube vendor as needed.
- Additional Responsibilities
- Contribute to team efforts toward Mountain Activities growth.
- Assure Mountain Activities staffing is at adequate levels year-round.
- Schedule staff in alignment with set payroll budgets.
- Facilitate group activity offerings as needed.
- Public biathlon program operations, scheduling, and staffing (biathlon experience not required).
- Events, youth programs and miscellaneous venue operations.
- Other job duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge and Essential Skills
- Ability to provide a fun and positive work environment.
- Must be available 7 days a week (including weekends, evenings and holidays).
- Proven ability to simultaneously manage multiple, complex issues.
- Ability to multi-task with strong attention to detail and ability to make decisions on the spot.
- Ability to develop and maintain professional and positive relationships with external groups
- Strong computer skills, and proficiency with PC applications.
- Must be flexible due to a constantly changing environment.
- Must be proactive and be able to work independently with little or no supervision.
- Minimum of one year experience scheduling, motivating and supervising employees.
- Minimum of two years customer and guest service experience.
- Supervising outdoor activities experience preferred.
Environmental Job Requirements
- Ability to work outdoors in all temperature/weather extremes.
- Ability to lift 20 pounds.
- Must be able to stand on feet for extended time.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Hearing – to converse with others in a normal conversation.
- Balancing, bending, climbing, kneeling, walking, pushing, reaching above shoulders, and sitting.
This job description is not an employment agreement or contract. Management has the exclusive right to alter the scope of work within the framework of the job description at any time without prior notice.