WHO WE ARE
Kids in the Game sport and enrichment-based programs can be found in schools and communities across New York City, serving thousands of children every year. Our goal is to provide positive experiences and opportunities through sports and creative play. We inspire kids to embrace new experiences, adopt a healthy lifestyle, and build integrity. Our work is focused on achieving five ultimate impacts:
- Enhancing emotional intelligence
- Creating a positive sense of self
- Developing NYC into the nation’s top talent hub Integrating our communities
- Narrowing the income inequality gaps
Kids in the Game is a Certified B Corporation and we’re committed to doing business for good. We are striving every day to have a positive impact in the lives of our youth, and we believe that it all starts with being the best part of their day.
To learn more about our programs and our team, visit www.kidsinthegame.com.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
The Finance intern will support various aspects of finance and accounting in the company. They will be a valuable part of the Finance team, reporting to the VP of Finance. We’re looking for a self-motivated individual who possesses strong interpersonal skills, communication skills, written skills, and analytical skills.
Spring Dates: April 3- June 30th
Summer Dates: June 5th-September 8th
- Analyze and present business segments gross margin on the monthly basis and provide recommendations to improve efficiency and the reach economies of scale.
- Report finance department’s Key Performance Indicator on the monthly basis, support VP of Finance on the budget vs actual analysis for revenue, cost and operating expenses.
- Review company’s Accounts Receivable Aging Reports on a weekly basis. Assist the finance team managing schools, families and the customer’s invoice process.
- Assist the finance team in managing the daily Accounts Payable, vendor payments and the vendor relationships.
- Build and analyze pricing models for varying school programs and run scenario based gross margin analysis.
- Analyze company’s historical and current school portfolio and forecast the potential financial impact of incremental growth and new customers for the following school year.
- Collaborate and lead meetings with other departments by reporting and evaluating monthly gross margins for every programs.