Jamestown Family Health Clinic is seeking full-time Registered Medical Assistants with excellent organizational skills and highly motivated to work in the medical field. Patient care knowledge of any kind is preferred but we are willing to train. Top candidates will work comfortably under pressure while multi-tasking in a fast-paced environment and have a thirst for knowledge.
We offer on-the-job training and candidates with previous experience as a CNA, Caregiver, or other Medical-related credentials are encouraged to apply. Starting wage is dependent upon experience.
Jamestown S’Klallam Tribe has implemented COVID-19 safety measures to ensure the health and well-being of our employees, patients, Tribe, and vulnerable citizens of our community, which includes required masking regardless of vaccination status. All Medical and Dental Clinic staff are required to be fully vaccinated and provide proof of vaccination prior to starting their first day of employment.
Why work for Jamestown S'Klallam Tribe?
As a committed and collaborative partner in our community for over four decades, the Jamestown S'Klallam Tribe (JST) has continued to grow the areas of economic development, healthcare, natural resources, hospitality, cultural preservation, and the arts. Through our Resort Enterprises and Tribal Government, we are now the second largest employer in Clallam County, and provide a wide range of employment opportunities to our Tribal Citizens and community.
Our employees are like extended family, and we believe in providing employee benefit programs and incentives that cultivate a positive and enriching work environment, and healthy lifestyle. We hope that each of our employees continue to honor our commitment to our community and to treat our patients and co-workers like family as well.
All Jamestown S'Klallam Tribe employees enjoy 7 Cedars Resort and local discounts including food, retail items, gym memberships, cell phone plans, fuel, golf, as well as retirement benefits, employee assistant program access, and more! Benefited employees also receive employer paid medical/dental/vision coverage, paid time off, and wellness reimbursements.
If you would like to become a part of our team, check out this position's job details below, and apply today! Make sure to include current email and phone contacts for all provided professional and personal references in your application.
As a RMA, you will:
- Medical Assistants are expected to provide all services as described in the American Association of Medical Assistants Occupational Analysis and Skill sets
- Room patients - obtain and document vitals, patient history if necessary, and chief complaint as directed by provider and clinic protocol.
- Maintain medical records to include scanning, recording, and updating information.
- Process orders, prescription requests, Pre-certification or authorization of medications or procedures.
- Record patient charges as needed for electronic billing.
- Assist the provider with patient information pertaining to follow up care:
- Results of lab and radiology reports as directed by the provider;
- Laboratory and radiology preparation.
- Schedule diagnostic tests and referrals as needed.
- Under the supervision of a licensed clinician, perform procedures such as WAIVED lab tests, wound dressings.
- Must be able to recognize and respond appropriately to urgent/emergent situations per protocols.
- Maintain work area, exam rooms, supplies, medications and immunizations.
- Perform basic triage per specific office protocol procedures.
- Maintain professional appearance and personal conduct at all times.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with providers, staff and management.
- Document work processes as required.
- Participate in quality meetings and clinic meetings.
What are the Required Qualifications for this position?
- Certification: Basic CPR from the American Heart Association
- Two (2) years of other medical experience preferred, including C.N.A., Medic, or other related medical experience.
- Knowledge of medical terminology required.
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Suites
- Act calmly and effectively in a busy or stressful situation.
- Communicate effectively in the English language in person, by phone and in writing.
- Adhere to all clinic policies and procedures, including but not limited to standards for safety, attendance, punctuality and personal appearance.
- Knowledge of CPT and ICD-9 coding procedures and billing processes.
- Knowledge of medication administration procedures and processes
- Exceptional interpersonal skills including effective verbal and written communication
- Ability to travel locally and regionally as assigned
- Valid Washington State Driver’s License
- Must be able to successfully pass criminal background investigation
What are the Preferred Qualifications for this position?
- Knowledge of Local, State, and Federal Laws and Regulations
- Knowledge of office administrative operations, including personnel management, and compliance
- Excellent organization skills and the ability to prioritize multiple tasks
- Effective time management, decision-making, and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrate initiative, work independently with little supervision
- American Indian/Alaska Native preferences apply