This full time position will work standard business hours, typically between Monday through Friday, 8:30 am to 5:00 pm. The position is based out of Cascadia's administrative offices in NE Portland, near the LLoyd center. The position works a hybrid of both remote and onsite; a couple days a week are spent onsite.
The People and Culture team is a dedicated team, with lots of ideas and we love to collaborate. We focus on strengths and value the individual. We have fun and we work hard to support the organization, our internal and external customers, and our team, in order to keep the mission moving forward.
The Recruiter works as a member of the People and Culture Department, and works closely with the Recruitment Manager and hiring managers, focusing on all aspects of recruitment while supporting a Trauma Informed Care environment. The Recruiter is responsible for recruiting and hiring well qualified candidates to fill vacant positions within the organization in a timely manner, helping to maintain appropriate levels of staffing within agency departments and programs, by focusing on the following: source research, job posting and advertisement, applicant information screening, interviewing as necessary, and extending job offers. The Recruiter will produce reports on recruitment activities when requested by the Recruitment Manager and Senior Director of People and Culture. The recruiter will be assigned different areas of recruiting within the organization; which may change during the course of employment. With the high prevalence of trauma among individuals receiving mental health services, it is required the Recruiter understand the effects of trauma on health, coping, and other aspects of the lives of those we serve.
The Recruiter must understand, appreciate and respect the diversity and cultural differences within our Cascadia community. As such, it is expected that this position promotes integrated care, our vision of trauma-informed and person-first approaches and helps create a work environment of inclusion, safety, and acceptance.
Employees become benefit eligible on the first of the month following 60 days. Employees of Cascadia will enjoy an affordable low cost Medical, Dental, and vision benefits. Upon hire, you will complete a training and then continue to train onsite in your new job. During the first week of training, you will learn about the agency, understanding those we serve, Trauma informed care, and other skills to prepare you for significant and meaningful work in the behavioral health field, whether you are providing clinical services or non-clinical services. Click here to learn about the benefits we offer and more
This position description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of responsibilities or an all inclusive job description.
- Administer personnel policies and procedures. Provide policy interpretation for managers and staff.
- Ensure compliance with workplace laws, standards and government regulations.
- Provide coaching to managers and supervisors on best practices associated with employment practices and employee issues.
- Complete projects assigned by Recruiting Manager and/or Senior Director of People and Culture or projects evolving out of operational needs.
- Assure that on-going or repetitive assignments are completed by agreed upon due dates and in accordance with established performance standards or expectations.
- Assist and support other HR staff members, managers, supervisors and other employees in finding solutions to HR problems and identifying opportunities.
- Actively promote cultural diversity and maintain respect for and sensitivity toward other cultures.
- Actively promote and participate in Human Resource team building.
Role Specific Responsibilities:
- Perform recruiting activities; source and screen applicants, conduct reference checks, negotiate offers, extend job offers and close candidates. Perform applicant interviews as necessary.
- Assist in the coordination of interviews and tracking of applicant for specific positions.
- Post job openings on internal Career Center as well as on external career sites.
- Utilize applicant tracking system (ATS) to post positions and track candidate activity.
- Provide ongoing communication with applicants, candidates, hiring managers and People and Culture regarding recruitment efforts and needs.
- Attend local educational, diversity, and industry related career fairs and events and actively promote Cascadia Behavioral Healthcare as an employer of choice.
- Work in partnership within the People and Culture team to develop recruiting plans and sourcing strategies.
- Partner with Recruitment Manager and Hiring Managers on recruiting related activities to seek out new recruiting opportunities.
- Prepare basic recruitment reports as requested or assigned that satisfy internal customer needs.
- Assist and support other HR staff members, managers, supervisors and other employees in finding win-win solutions to HR problems and opportunities.
- Participate in diversity, equity and inclusion goals regarding recruitment and retention of new and current employees.
- Conduct and coordinate pre-employment processes such as, driver eligibility, criminal background checks and fingerprinting; schedule new employees, obtain new hire paperwork from hiring managers and coordinate with the HR specialist to create and update the training schedule.
- Conduct Human Resource training related to recruitment efforts, ATS, and tracking work processes.
- Evaluate personal workloads and methods and actively seek ways to improve efficiency and level of service provided.
- Assist in evaluation and development of the People and Culture Department.
- Recommend new approaches, policies, and procedures to effect continual improvements in efficiency of department and services performed.
- Assist People and Culture Director, and Human Resource Managers and with training and workgroups.
- Support and serve as back up to the Human Resource Team.
- Complete annual employee training requirements on a timely basis as indicated in the licensing requirements for the facility as well as agency requirements. Attend seminars, training and other educational opportunities in order to develop professional skills and abilities.
- Participate in all scheduled staff meetings, supervision sessions, and other departmental and agency meetings.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Cascadia recognizes that great candidates may not appear to check all the boxes in our job description. Though some of our positions do have State required or grant-mandated educational requirements, for those that don’t, we encourage anyone to apply that believes they have what it takes to do the job.
- A Bachelor's degree in Human Resources or a related field and /or Human Resource certification is preferred.
- A minimum of two years’ experience with recruitment, selection, hiring and retention is preferred. Experience using HRIS and Applicant Tracking System (ATS) is highly preferred.
- Experience recruiting for nonprofit and/or healthcare is preferred.
- Knowledge of HR proprietary software such as ATS and HRIS programs
- MS Office applications, with an emphasis on Excel
- Operate computer hardware and software at a level needed to effectively perform job functions
- Enter, retrieve, analyze data
- Prepare moderate to complex reports
- Thorough understanding of personnel policies and procedures
- incumbent possess a valid driver's license, three year driving history; clean driving record, ability to pass Driver Motor Vehicle (DMV) check and complete the Cascadia online Defensive Driving course OR
- Must have the ability to commute to various Cascadia sites and community locations as required and be punctual.
- Environmental: Work is performed in an office setting, at the Lloyd Corporate Plaza, Administration building. The employee must be willing to travel to different worksites. Work is subject to continued interruption by team members and other staff. Most tasks can be completed during normal working hours. Occasional overtime and travel may be necessary.
- Mental: Close attention to detail is required to assure accuracy and thoroughness in work quality. The position faces many demands from its customers requiring ability to effectively multitask and establish priorities. The work assigned is diverse and involves addressing new and unusual circumstances in which outcomes may negatively affect costs, employee morale or clients. The work regularly involves a degree of unpredictability and disruption of planned tasks requiring a flexible time management approach.
- Physical Demands: Work is performed in an office setting. A typical work day consists of sitting at a desk, attending meetings both on and off-site, and utilizing computers and other office equipment.
Cascadia is an Equal Opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. If you need assistance, or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at (503) 963-7654 or email@example.com