Kids in the Game sport and enrichment-based programs can be found in schools and communities across New York City, serving thousands of children every year. Our goal is to provide positive experiences and opportunities through sports and creative play. We inspire kids to embrace new experiences, adopt a healthy lifestyle, and build integrity. Our work is focused on achieving five ultimate impacts:
- Enhancing emotional intelligence
- Creating a positive sense of self
- Developing NYC into the nation’s top talent hub
- Integrating our communities
- Narrowing the income inequality gaps
We believe that what sets us apart is who we are and how we connect with people. We are a Certified B Corporation and we’re committed to doing business for good. We are striving every day to have a positive impact in the lives of our youth, and we believe that it all starts with being the best part of their day. To learn more about our programs and our team, visit www.kidsinthegame.com.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
We’re looking for a highly organized, energetic, and collaborative person to support the work of our Program Management team. This role reports directly to the Program Director and provides daily administrative and operational assistance for our Program & Site Coordinators.
As an intern, you’ll help to manage communications with our partner schools and families, as well as the Kids in the Game team. This position will require a love for working with the youth of NYC and passion for learning how school and sports programs run internally. This position requires someone who can cultivate relationships with our coaches, team, and the community. We are looking for someone with a forward-thinking approach when it comes to strategy and implementation of programs.
This is an in-person position based in New York City. As a piece of the role, the Program Management Intern might be asked to sub at an after school or sports program, review coach observations documents, create meeting agenda, help to grow current school partnerships through positive relationship building, and support the overall functioning of our Program Management team.
This would be a 30-hour per week, in-person commitment with the possibility of working remotely one day per week.
Spring Dates: April 3- June 30th
Summer Dates: June 5th-September 8th
The key functions of your role will include:
- Aid with processes related to programming support (e.g. reviewing data from coaching observations, conducting research on industry standards, etc.)
- Create meeting agendas and effectively communicate and take notes
- Connect with the Kids in the Game team internally to ensure all stakeholders have necessary relevant information
You’ll know this role is for you if…
- You thrive off connecting with people and making their day a little better for having interacted with you
- You feel a sense of accomplishment knowing you’ve helped with an issue or created value for someone
- You enjoy solving puzzles
- You know that the key to a successful business is the behind-the-scenes work that goes into it, even if it isn’t the most exciting part