WHO WE ARE
Kids in the Game sport and enrichment-based programs can be found in schools and communities across New York City, serving thousands of children every year. Our goal is to provide positive experiences and opportunities through sports and creative play. We inspire kids to embrace new experiences, adopt a healthy lifestyle, and build integrity. Our work is focused on achieving five ultimate impacts:
- Enhancing emotional intelligence
- Creating a positive sense of self
- Developing NYC into the nation’s top talent hub
- Integrating our communities
- Narrowing the income inequality gaps
We believe that what sets us apart is who we are and how we connect with people. We are a Certified B Corporation and we’re committed to doing business for good. We are striving every day to have a positive impact in the lives of our youth, and we believe that it all starts with being the best part of their day. To learn more about our programs and our team, visit www.kidsinthegame.com.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
Our People & Culture Team is responsible for recruiting, interviewing, hiring, and onboarding a year-round team of coaches, interns, AmeriCorps service members, graduate fellows, and full time team members. We're looking for a People & Culture intern to support these human resources areas during our fall internship cohort cycle as we prepare to hire coaches for our fall sports and school-based programs. You would be reporting directly to the Sr. Employee Relations Coordinator and Chief People Officer.
This would be a 30-hour per week, in-person commitment with the possibility of working remotely one day per week.
Spring Dates: April 3- June 30th
Summer Dates: June 5th-September 8th
- Review resumes in our application tracking system, contact candidates by phone/email to schedule phone screens & virtual interviews
- Conduct pre-screen calls for potential interviews
- Arrange group interviews by coordinating schedules and using our scheduling platform (Calendly)
- Update job postings and track the number of applications received per posting
- Conduct reference checks and collect employment paperwork (digital and print)
- Assist with preparing digital and print recruitment materials
- Assist with other P&C tasks related to supporting our summer camps and 150+ coaches (e.g. planning events, ordering supplies, answering emails, employee documentation)