The Fund for Public Health in New York City, (FPHNYC) is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization that is dedicated to the advancement of the health and well-being of all New Yorkers. To this end, in partnership with the New York City Department of Health and Mental Hygiene (DOHMH), FPHNYC incubates innovative public health initiatives implemented by DOHMH to advance community health throughout the city. It facilitates partnerships, often new and unconventional, between government and the private sector to develop, test, and launch new initiatives. These collaborations speed the execution of demonstration projects, effect expansion of successful pilot programs, and support rapid implementation to meet the public health needs of individuals, families, and communities across New York City.
DOHM COVID-19 Vaccination Plan- Round 3 Supplemental Gotham Center, LIC
The mission of the Bureau of Immunization (BOI) is to prevent the occurrence and transmission of vaccine-preventable diseases, such as hepatitis A, hepatitis B, measles, mumps, influenza, human papillomavirus, and invasive pneumococcal disease, through immunization.
In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, BOI is developing and implementing a COVID-19 vaccination campaign to reduce the impact of the pandemic on the health care system and the NYC community. The campaign will focus on the equitable distribution of COVID-19 vaccine, ensuring access to the most vulnerable New Yorkers.
The Vaccine Management Specialist for BOI will conduct activities critical to the success of the COVID-19 vaccination campaign. The incumbent will work with vaccine providers to ensure they are able to complete the enrollment process using the Vaccine Provider Agreement System (VPAS). In collaboration with the Clinical Planning and Operations and the Vaccine Management Teams, the Vaccine Management Supply Specialist will assist in ensuring enrollment, vaccine orders, CDC vaccine storage and handling requirements are meant by participating providers. They will work with participating providers and facilities to ensure they are able to order, ready to receive and store covid-19 vaccine.
- Receive, review, and assist with vaccine orders requested under the guidance of the Clinical Planning and Operations and the Vaccine Management Teams.
- Conduct outreach to vaccinating providers regarding their enrollment status and their vaccine ordering capabilities and assist with placing vaccine orders.
- Verify receipt of vaccine orders placed by providers.
- Assist with the enrollment of NYC providers into the COVID-19 Vaccination Program
- Provide technical assistance to providers interested in enrolling in the NYC COVID vaccination program using the electronic system VPAS.
- Conduct follow-up of COVID-19 vaccine storage and handling incidents.
- Provide guidance regarding the Center for Disease Control and Preventions (CDC) storing and handling COVID-19 vaccine supply.
- Conduct ongoing analysis of enrollment submissions data and COVID-19 vaccine order supply.