Essential Duties and Responsibilities
In a fast paced, goal oriented credit and collections department, duties include:
- High volume business to business collection calls and/or correspondence.
- Monitoring and maintaining assigned accounts.
- Resolve collection issues such as discrepancies, customer reconciliations, customer refunds, account adjustments and short payments in a professional, customer service manner.
- Accountable for reducing delinquency for assigned accounts and to support the Account Receivable Departments overall goals and objectives.
- Establish and maintain effective and cooperative working relationships with the representative agencies and GameTime Sales team.
- Other duties may be assigned by Manager or Supervisor.
- Analytical Decision-Making
- Learning & Development
- Planning & Organizing
- Professionalism & Integrity
- Risk-Taking/Creative Thinking
- Teamwork & Relationship-Building
- Results Orientation
Education and/or Experience
- College Degree with Finance Major is preferred
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules and procedure manuals. Must have the ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
Must have the ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have advance level Excel skills, as well as proficiency in Word, and PowerPoint software.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee will frequently walk and sit; use hands and fingers, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or listen.
The employee will occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. (50 pounds is the max)
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet, except in the manufacturing environment where PPE may be required.