JOIN OUR NETWORK OF TALENTED SEASONAL SUMMER STAFF!
Be Part of Our Movement to Inspire the Next Generation.
Become an Summer camp staff member and help us change the way kids play! At Kids in the Game, you’ll be part of a network of 200+ coaches who are working with kids from early childhood and up, providing sports and skill development, and making a positive impact in their lives.
WHO WE ARE:
Kids in the Game is dedicated to providing positive opportunities and experiences through sports and creative play. Every summer, we serve over a thousand NYC children through our summer day camps, which combine sports instruction with creative movement, arts and STEM enrichment, field trips, swimming, and more. We're committed to being the best part of every kid's summer! Our team is a youthful bunch and we want to make sure every summer is filled with happiness, relationship building, safe spaces to be yourself and most importantly FUN!
Our work is focused on achieving five ultimate impacts:
- Enhancing emotional intelligence
- Creating a positive sense of self
- Narrowing the income inequality gaps
Kids in the Game is a Certified B Corporation and we’re committed to doing business for good. We are striving every day to have a positive impact in the lives of our youth, and we believe that it all starts with being the best part of their day.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
Kids in the Game is looking for Head Counselors, General Counselors, and Junior Counselors that will work closely with the Camp Director, Assistant Directors, and other administrative staff to make the 2023 summer the best one ever. Will you be tying shoes, putting on sunscreen, answering a million little one’s questions? Absolutely. But you will also be going on field trips, playing sports, and changing kids’ lives all day long and there is nothing better than that. Most importantly you will be providing a supportive, safe, and fun environment for the youth of New York City to grow and learn while experiencing the non-stop fun of Summer Camp!
The Camp Counselor is responsible for general supervision of all campers within their assigned group as well as the overall safety and support of all children attending camp. Activity planning and facilitating are among other key responsibilities.
- Commitment to at least 3 days of training leading up to the first week of camp; Dates TBD but likely Saturdays before camp begins
- Assist with aftercare at least one day a week to support the team
- Inform Division Leader and other leadership staff of camper/staff problems which impact on the health or safety of any Kids in the Game camper. No issue or concern is too small to share!
- Identify and respond to camper behavior issues
- Work to reduce conflict among campers, create a team-friendly environment with positivity.
- Demonstrate organizational skills: lesson planning, timelines, meet deadlines, following schedules and set goals.
- Plan and execute the activities in coordination with the program staff and supervisors
- Attend staff outings to take a break and enjoy time with coworkers outside of camp
WHAT YOU ARE GOING TO LOVE ABOUT US
- We are a youthful, passionate, committed team of individuals that care about our youth and city
- We are committed to developing innovative, creative programs that promote creative play and sports skill development
- We work hard and push each other personally and professionally to keep growing
- We offer you the freedom to reach new parts of NYC while working in diverse communities
- We are an active team and regularly participate in company social leagues, team-building activities, and sporting events
WHAT YOU WILL GET OUT OF WORKING SUMMER CAMP
- Explore the city through camp field trips, park visits and swimming
- Experience the excitement and fulfillment of teaching a camper new skills
- Help our team create an inclusive environment for our campers so they can be their unique selves
- Create new bonds and friendship with your co-workers plus do the same for our campers
- Develop better communication skills by working with a team
- Learn new conflict management and problem solving skills
- Become a great leader!
- Become a creative thinker!
- Become a storyteller!
- Become a role model!
- Have a fun filled summer experience!
OUR COMMITMENT TO YOU
At Kids in the Game, you can expect to be welcomed into an engaging and spirited environment that emphasizes the importance of teamwork, open communication, and collaboration. We are proud to foster an inclusive environment where our team members feel respected by and connected to one another. We value the unique experiences, perspectives, and passions of our employees, and we look forward to adding dynamic personalities to our team.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion: We are committed to creating a diverse, equitable and inclusive work environment for all of our interns and employees. We recruit candidates from across the city, state, and country, from all cultural and socio-economic backgrounds. We have developed partnerships with organizations that allow us to target our hiring practices to include chronically discriminated against or low-income groups, and improve their access to high-quality employment opportunities.
- June 27th to August 19th (8 weeks); Monday – Friday (7:45a – 4:30p)
- Plus at least one day a week of aftercare staying until 5:30pm
- Limited Options for 7 or 6 week contracts
- Riverdale - 452 W 260th St, The Bronx, NY 10471
- Inwood - 108 Cooper St, New York, NY 10034
- Upper West Side - 147 W 70th St, New York, NY 10023
- Upper East Side - 4 East 90th Street, New York, NY 10128
- Yorkville - 540 East 76th Street, New York, NY 10021
- East Village - 44 E 2nd St, New York, NY 10003
- Park Slope - 588 6th St, Brooklyn, NY 11215
- Greenpoint - 100 Dobbins St, Brooklyn, NY 11222
Compensation: Weekly Stipend - between $425 to $575 per week based on experience plus additional training bonus for pre summer