Education and Experience Requirements
- Previous experience working in the maintenance, construction, landscaping, or related field is a plus.
- Prefer candidate with broad experience in carpentry, finish carpentry, electrical, painting, plumbing, HVAC, landscaping, and minor vehicle repair.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Lift equipment (up to 150lbs)
- Must be able to stand, sit, crawl, jump, swim, speak, listen, observe, and supervise for extended time
- Must be able to work outside in all weather conditions
- Communicate verbally with good voice projection, hear noises and distress signals
- Must be able to comprehend, communicate, and respond to written and verbal instructions.
Supervisory Responsibilities include:
- Assist with the supervision on contracted services, including but not limited to cleaning staff, vehicle maintenance, lawn services, etc.
Desired Short-Term Goals/Expectations
- Communicate and demonstrate the Mission of the YMCA, our Cause, and become a role model for newer staff while demonstrating the Four Core Values of Respect, Responsibility, Caring, and Honesty.
- Create “wow factor” at facilities to improve simple issues so that noticeable change is evident and return on investment is not questioned.
Desired Long-Term Goals/Expectations
- Continue to develop and maintain a schedule of maintenance and repairs on facilities to create what looks to be a “well-oiled machine” showing care and concern for ongoing maintenance and a deep commitment to improving the quality of programs through the change and construction of facilities to better suit the needs of our growing population.
The YMCA of Western North Carolina is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to sex, race, color, age, creed, national origin, religion, disability, veteran status, uniformed service member, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy or maternity, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws, regulations or ordinances. No question on our application is intended to secure information to be used for such discrimination. Testing of job-related skills may be required prior to employment.