Position Title: Human Resources Associate - Church
Department Name: Human Resources
Organizational Level: Professional
Reports to: Human Resources Director
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Full/Part time: Full-time
Salary Range: $23 - $27 per hour
Date: July 2023
This position works with the Human Resources team to ensure that Southeast Christian is promoting a positive culture and work experience for all involved, as well as ensuring personnel policies and legal compliance is maintained.
- Prepare new hire orientation packets, including payroll paperwork and benefits for new staff.
- Meet with and run through all new hire benefits and payroll specific orientation paperwork for new employees.
- Be available to staff for questions about benefits.
- Prepare for open enrollment by scheduling meetings with brokers and staff, including needed documents.
- Enter all new hire information into elected benefits.
- Audit benefit invoices and ensure payroll deductions are correct.
- Enter new employees into the payroll system.
- Process payroll for church and school on a semi-monthly basis.
- Communicate with Accounting department and School regarding invoices and payroll amounts, ensuring invoices are paid.
- Ensure payroll information and benefit deductions are up to date and correct.
- Team up with church and school Human Resources staff, ensuring that the church and school are compliant with laws and policies.
- Maintain personnel files, both electronic and paper.
- Assist with writing job descriptions and recruitment of new hires, including but not limited to posting jobs on various sites and conducting interviews.
- Work with other ministries to maintain and review up-to-date background checks and trainings for staff and volunteers.
- Assist with HR audits and reports.
- Perform other duties, as needed.
This position will be completed 40+ hours per week, Monday through Friday. Evening, weekend and holiday hours possible.
This job operates in a professional office environment and uses standard office equipment such as laptop computers, desktop computers and telephones.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear and frequently required to sit and/or stand for sustained periods of time; lift, push, pull items in excess of 30 lbs; walk and reach with hands and arms.