JOIN OUR NETWORK OF TALENTED SEASONAL SUMMER STAFF!
Be Part of Our Movement to Inspire the Next Generation.
Become an Summer camp staff member and help us change the way kids play! At Kids in the Game, you’ll be part of a network of 200+ coaches who are working with kids from early childhood and up, providing sports and skill development, and making a positive impact in their lives.
WHO WE ARE:
Kids in the Game is dedicated to providing positive opportunities and experiences through sports and creative play. Every summer, we serve over a thousand NYC children through our summer day camps, which combine sports instruction with creative movement, arts and STEM enrichment, field trips, swimming, and more. We're committed to being the best part of every kid's summer! Our team is a youthful bunch and we want to make sure every summer is filled with happiness, relationship building, safe spaces to be yourself and most importantly FUN!
Our work is focused on achieving five ultimate impacts:
- Enhancing emotional intelligence
- Creating a positive sense of self
- Narrowing the income inequality gaps
Kids in the Game is a Certified B Corporation and we’re committed to doing business for good. We are striving every day to have a positive impact in the lives of our youth, and we believe that it all starts with being the best part of their day.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
Kids in the Game is looking for an Early Childhood Specialist of good health with the ability to provide fun and age appropriate instruction for the campers. This person will work closely with the Programming Assistant Director and the Early Childhood Division Leader to make the 2023 summer the best one ever. Potential candidates must possess leadership skills, be responsible, dependable and a team player. An early childhood specialist is responsible for the overall operation of the Pre K and Kindergarten daily activities from art to movement to general games. Preparation will include activity planning, modifications, implementation and safety management. Most importantly you will be providing a supportive, safe, and fun environment for the youth of New York City to grow and learn while experiencing the non-stop fun of Summer Camp!
The Early Childhood Specialist is responsible for fostering an atmosphere of fun and learning and serve as a role model to youth while providing fun and age-appropriate instruction.
- Foster an atmosphere of fun and learning and serves as a role model to youth.
- Support in classroom management and behavior management of a group of 3 to 5 year olds. Help the Camp Counselors create positive reinforcement incentives.
- Prepare and run activities in creative movement, art, or gross motor skills sports. Support in creating modifications for these games
- Ensure that campers acquire a sincere appreciation learning new games, achieving an increased sense of self-esteem, cognitive skills and motor skills.
- Demonstrate organizational skills: lesson planning, timelines, meet deadlines, following schedules and set goals.
- Ensure that programs reflect the development of each camper, the goals of Kids in the Game and following our weekly theme guides
- Plan and execute the activities in coordination with the program staff and supervisors
- Arrange and maintain Early Childhood area, equipment, and set up and cleanup operations of the sports area on a daily basis.
- Inform Camp Director of camper/staff problems which impact on the health or safety of any Kids in the Game camper. No issue or concern is too small to share!
- Identify and respond to camper behavior issues
- Work to reduce conflict among campers, create a team-friendly environment with positivity.
- Commitment to at least 3 days of training leading up to the first week of camp; Dates TBD but likely Saturdays before camp begins
- Attend staff outings to take a break and enjoy time with coworkers outside of camp
WHAT WE ARE GOING TO LOVE ABOUT YOU
- You are a dedicated and committed individual who knows the importance of the camp experience
- You are committed to helping kids build self-esteem and confidence through sports and creative play
- You are someone who will go the extra mile to make a child smile, inspire them to embrace new experiences, and encourage healthy, active lifestyles.
- You are excited about interacting with others and supporting the growth of our team
- You are able to think creatively and problem solve, even under high pressure situation
- You communicate effectively with others plus you are able to receive and give feedback constructively
- You are empathetic towards all stakeholders at camp - parents, staff, campers, and vendors
WHAT YOU ARE GOING TO LOVE ABOUT US
- We are a youthful, passionate, committed team of individuals that care about our youth and city
- We are committed to developing innovative, creative programs that promote creative play and sports skill development
- We work hard and push each other personally and professionally to keep growing
- We offer you the freedom to reach new parts of NYC while working in diverse communities
- We are an active team and regularly participate in company social leagues, team-building activities, and sporting events
OUR COMMITMENT TO YOU
At Kids in the Game, you can expect to be welcomed into an engaging and spirited environment that emphasizes the importance of teamwork, open communication, and collaboration. We are proud to foster an inclusive environment where our team members feel respected by and connected to one another. We value the unique experiences, perspectives, and passions of our employees, and we look forward to adding dynamic personalities to our team.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion: We are committed to creating a diverse, equitable and inclusive work environment for all of our interns and employees. We recruit candidates from across the city, state, and country, from all cultural and socio-economic backgrounds. We have developed partnerships with organizations that allow us to target our hiring practices to include chronically discriminated against or low-income groups, and improve their access to high-quality employment opportunities.
- Pre Summer Expectations - Camp Team Meetings starting in May, trainings starting mid June to the start of camp
- During Summer: Monday to Friday; 7:45am to 4:15pm
- 8 weeks - Late June to Mid August
- Riverdale - 452 W 260th St, The Bronx, NY 10471
- Inwood - 108 Cooper St, New York, NY 10034
- Upper West Side - 147 W 70th St, New York, NY 10023
- Upper East Side - 4 East 90th Street, New York, NY 10128
- Yorkville - 540 East 76th Street, New York, NY 10021
- East Village - 44 E 2nd St, New York, NY 10003
- Park Slope - 588 6th St, Brooklyn, NY 11215
- Greenpoint - 100 Dobbins St, Brooklyn, NY 11222
Compensation: Total Summer Salary (including training bonuses) - $5,750 to $6,550 based on experience