JOIN OUR NETWORK OF TALENTED SEASONAL SUMMER STAFF!
Be Part of Our Movement to Inspire the Next Generation.
Become an Summer camp staff member and help us change the way kids play! At Kids in the Game, you’ll be part of a network of 200+ coaches who are working with kids from early childhood and up, providing sports and skill development, and making a positive impact in their lives.
WHO WE ARE:
Kids in the Game is dedicated to providing positive opportunities and experiences through sports and creative play. Every summer, we serve over a thousand NYC children through our summer day camps, which combine sports instruction with creative movement, arts and STEM enrichment, field trips, swimming, and more. We're committed to being the best part of every kid's summer! Our team is a youthful bunch and we want to make sure every summer is filled with happiness, relationship building, safe spaces to be yourself and most importantly FUN!
Our work is focused on achieving five ultimate impacts:
- Enhancing emotional intelligence
- Creating a positive sense of self
- Narrowing the income inequality gaps
Kids in the Game is a Certified B Corporation and we’re committed to doing business for good. We are striving every day to have a positive impact in the lives of our youth, and we believe that it all starts with being the best part of their day.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
We are looking for highly experienced and dedicated candidates who have a wealth of knowledge in the camp industry plus are interested in seasonal work. Camp Directors will provide a unique, energized, and positive environment at summer camp to create a memorable and safe experience for all kids! You will oversee all aspects of camp management, and be supported by a team of assistant directors, division leaders, specialists, and counselors. Will you be communicating with parents, preparing camp newsletters, or answering a million little questions for young, inquisitive minds? Absolutely. You will also be a role model for our camp staff, training them in the skills they need to be successful in their camp roles and future careers. There’s no more fulfilling feeling than that!
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
At Kids in the Game, we strive to be the best part of every kid’s day! As a Camp Director, you’ll be helping to make that a reality by being responsible for overseeing all areas of camp management in collaboration with the Kids in the Game main office. During the camp day, you’ll be immersed in every aspect of camp from leading morning rallies to supervising swim lessons and refereeing sports tournaments. At the end of the day, you’ll be able to participate in company wide staff events where you can mingle with staff from all of our camp locations across the city, hang-out, and unwind after a day in the sun! As a Camp Director, you can expect to:
- Dedicate time during the offseason to coordinate camp logistics with key departments (e.g. Marketing, Operations, People & Culture, Program Management, Community & Impact).
- Attend pre-camp orientations hosted by the Department of Healthy and Kids in the Game staff, and help to structure and coordinate training for your camp staff before and during camp.
- Assign staff to camp groups, assess their ability to work with different age groups, offer regular feedback to continuously improve staff performance, and administer staff evaluations twice per summer.
- Keep staff personnel files up-to-date and compliant with Department of Health regulations, and ensure that staff certifications are valid and on-site at all times.
- Ensure that all necessary forms are in place before a child enters any program, including up-to-date physicals, immunization records, registration forms, waivers, etc.
- Monitor daily camp enrollment and maintain accurate attendance records for staff and campers.
- Notify parents/guardians of children about session dates, camp trips, theme days and schedule changes well in advance, and remain accessible to parents throughout the summer.
- Ensure that all program equipment and supplies are ordered, available and properly maintained during the summer.
- Maintain and enforce all camp safety rules and policies; recognize, prevent and correct safety hazards; monitor the health and safety of all campers and staff.
- Act as a key player in problem solving staff/camper issues and parental concerns; be able to identify camper behavior issues and respond with corrective steps.
WHAT YOU ARE GOING TO LOVE ABOUT US
- We are a youthful, passionate, committed team of individuals that care about our youth and city
- We are committed to developing innovative, creative programs that promote creative play and sports skill development
- We work hard and push each other personally and professionally to keep growing
- We offer you the freedom to reach new parts of NYC while working in diverse communities
- We are an active team and regularly participate in company social leagues, team-building activities, and sporting events
OUR COMMITMENT TO YOU
At Kids in the Game, you can expect to be welcomed into an engaging and spirited environment that emphasizes the importance of teamwork, open communication, and collaboration. We are proud to foster an inclusive environment where our team members feel respected by and connected to one another. We value the unique experiences, perspectives, and passions of our employees, and we look forward to adding dynamic personalities to our team.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion: We are committed to creating a diverse, equitable and inclusive work environment for all of our interns and employees. We recruit candidates from across the city, state, and country, from all cultural and socio-economic backgrounds. We have developed partnerships with organizations that allow us to target our hiring practices to include chronically discriminated against or low-income groups, and improve their access to high-quality employment opportunities.
Summer Salary Range for 8 weeks of camp (without Pre-Summer Stipend) - $8,000 to $11,400
Pre Summer Work commitments are expected from February to the start of camp - up to an additional $1,750 for pre summer work
- Pre Summer Camp Expectations: March or April to end of June - 10 to 20 hours per week supporting pre camp efforts
- Summer Camp Dates: Late June– August 2023 (8 weeks); Monday – Friday (7:00a – 5:30p)
- Locations Available:
- Park Slope - 588 6th St, Brooklyn, NY 11215
- Yorkville - 540 East 76th Street, New York, NY 10021