This work requires the following physical activities.
- Occasional lifting up to 50 pounds.
- Industrial/Hangar environment.
Minimum Education Requirement:
- Five or more years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Airframe and Powerplant (A&P) Certificate
- Inspection Authorization (IA) Certificate
- Must have High School Diploma or GED
Minimum Work Experience Requirement:
- Five or more years demonstrated experience in managing maintenance inspections, repairs, quality assurance, quality control and inspection.
- Strong understanding in 145 repair station operations/regulations required.
- Experience in managing five or more employees.
- Ability to pass a drug screening test
- Able to pass a background check
- Clean driving record
Qualifications/Special Skills and Certifications:
- Results oriented – Proven ability to achieve goals. Follows through and meets deadlines; Strong organizational, multi-tasking and time management skills; Strong problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Customer Service – Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service.
- Communication – Oral Communication – speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Participates in meetings. Written Communication – Writes material in clear concise terms.
- Leadership – Exhibits confidence in self and to others; Inspires and motivates others to perform well; Effectively influences actions and opinions of others; Inspires respect and trust; Accepts feedback from others. Displays passion and optimism; Mobilizes others to fulfill the vision; Ability to maintain absolute confidentiality.
- Computer – Knowledge of MS Office Software, Corridor, CMP, Cesscom, CAMP, etc….
- Overall knowledge of aircraft that are worked by this location.
Ideal candidate will have the following work styles:
- Being pleasant with others on the job and displaying a good-natured, cooperative attitude
- Being reliable, responsible, and dependable, and fulfilling obligations.
- Attention to detail
- Maintaining composure, keeping emotions in check, controlling anger, and avoiding aggressive behavior even in very difficult situations
- Accepting criticism and dealing calmly and effectively with high stress situations being open to change (positive or negative) and to considerable variety in the workplace
- A willingness to take on responsibilities and challenges
- Being sensitive to others' needs and feelings and being understanding and helpful on the job
- Developing one's own ways of doing things, guiding oneself with little or no supervision, and depending on oneself to get things done
- Persistence in the face of obstacles