Reports To: Director of Athletics
When Needed: Immediately
Pay: $20-$23/Hour Depending On Experience
University Prep is seeking a part-time (15 hours/week, Monday through Friday, 2:45-5:45pm) Fitness Trainer to help us advance our vision of being an inclusive community of learners that provides an outstanding education for each individual in a diverse student population. We are looking for staff and faculty who share our belief that a culturally rich and inclusive school community provides students with the best possible environment for a quality education. If that sounds like you, we’d like to hear from you. Because this is a part-time position, only legally mandated benefits are provided. Position is open immediately.
Who We Are:
University Prep is an independent 6-12 school located in an urban residential section of Seattle, WA, one of the country’s most diverse and dynamic cities. We are a strong and vibrant community of students, families, faculty, staff, and alumni who collaboratively create an exceptional educational experience for every student. The school is a place of great teaching and joyful learning; a community that joins together to raise up our children to be caring and productive adults; a place where all students and families have equitable access to all the school has to offer, and a place where we aspire for every family and student to feel equally enfranchised and at home. To us, diversity and inclusivity are not addenda, they are embodied in all facets of our school culture. University Prep believes that our shared values of integrity, respect, and responsibility are essential to accomplish our mission of developing each student’s potential to become an intellectually courageous, socially responsible citizen of the world.
Under general supervision, supervises the Fitness Center, including overseeing equipment and Fitness Center participants.
- Implements and applies all Fitness Center Policies and Expectations
- Manages release forms for all participants
- Ensures health and safety of all individuals utilizing the Fitness Center
- Provides orientations to first-time participants
- Designs fitness programs for individuals and teams
- Monitors exercises and corrects form as needed; spots for lifters as needed
- Oversees equipment, re-racks weights, and maintains cleanliness of Fitness Center
- Monitors Fitness Center equipment and machines
- Promotes usage of Fitness Center among faculty/staff, coaches and student-athletes
- Establishes and cultivates community relations by maintaining open dialogue with all of the school’s constituencies
- Actively participates in the full life of the school
- Vigorously engages in their own professional development; is a life-long learner who enhances their skills, using state-of-the-art technologies to maintain high standards of performance to efficiently and effectively produce work products
- Is familiar with and complies with all policies and regulations as put forth in the school’s documents
- Since safety and security are everyone’s responsibility, takes all necessary and reasonable precautions to protect students, faculty, staff, equipment, materials and facilities
- Performs other duties as assigned