Owen Equipment is an industry leader in sales, service, rentals, parts, and support of environmental maintenance equipment in California, Oregon, Washington & Utah. An immediate opening is available for a highly motivated, independent, individual with an excellent work ethic to learn to prospect and sell a specialized segment of equipment, parts, and service to Industrial, Utility & Construction customers. The territory covered will be in Central/Southern Oregon with support coming from our Portland, Oregon location.
Visit our website for an overview of our company.
As an Outside Equipment Sales Representative, you will prospect, sell equipment, parts, services, and coordinate rentals to governmental agencies, municipalities, and contractors in the territory of Central and Southern Oregon with your home base being located out of our Portland, Oregon location.
- Sell and rent using professional sales techniques, consultative selling and equipment demonstrations to prospective customers, meeting and exceeding sales objectives
- Preparation of sales quotes and bid specifications
- Promote customer satisfaction, resolution, and loyalty with excellent follow-up in all stages and aspects of the sales cycle
- Establish and maintain long-term customer relationships and communication channels with all relevant departments including, but not limited to, equipment operators, mechanics, purchasing, and public works officials
- Maintain quality prospecting calls on a continual basis including cold calls and in-person introductory visits
- Complete and deliver all required paperwork, expense reports, sales pipelines, forecasts, and contracts as required by company policy and management
- Maintain customer information, appointments, and opportunity information in the company’s CRM program
- Representation and presentation of Company products at trade shows and other speaking engagements
- Travel overnight, as necessary, and attend all trade shows and sales meetings 8-10 nights per year.
- Some outside sales experience is required
- Outgoing personality with the ability to develop relationships
- Understanding of mechanical equipment
- Willing to get dirty when necessary and work hard
- Experience with environmental equipment and products is a plus, we are willing to train the right candidate
- Knowledge of government and municipal sales a plus
- 60 days of equipment training at the Portland Branch
- CDL Class B with an air tanker endorsement, or willing to get within the first 60 days
- Clean driving record
- Must have the ability to lift and move 50 pounds plus on a regular basis
- The ideal Outside Equipment Sales candidate will possess a competitive nature, entrepreneurial spirit, strong work ethic with a true desire to succeed
- A strong team player that is willing to produce win/win results with both internal and external customers
- Excellent communication skills (Written, Oral, Presentation, and Training)
- Able to retain and convey information relating to the operation and features of the Company’s product lines
- Good understanding, knowledge & use of computers and software, proficient in MS Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint
This is a great opportunity to join a dynamic team with excellent growth opportunities for the future. Base plus commissions. Laptop and cell phone are provided along with our Full Benefits Package (Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, PTO, 401(k) with Match). Company car also provided after training is completed and the successful candidate is ready to start working in the field.
For consideration submit your cover letter, resume & salary requirements!