At LifeCenter Northwest, we work together to save lives through the recovery of organs and tissues for transplant. Each and every individual within our organization is a vital and valued member of the team. Serving the largest area in the country, LifeCenter Northwest cares for organ and tissue donors in Alaska, Montana, North Idaho and Washington. To those who embrace our commitment to compassion, collaboration, integrity, and courageous leadership, we offer the opportunity to learn and grow as part of the LifeCenter Northwest team. Come join us!
Each tissue donor can help more than 50 recipients; a gift that is skillfully recovered by the Tissue Recovery Coordinator. With capable hands and care for the patient, the Tissue Recovery Coordinator manages all aspects of aseptic recovery of musculoskeletal, cardiovascular, and vascular tissue.
- Aseptically recovers musculoskeletal, cardiovascular and vascular tissues from deceased donors in accordance with current Good Tissue Practices (GTP), Standard Operating Procedures (SOP), quality control practices, clean room protocols, FDA regulations and American Association of Tissue Banks (AATB) standards.
- Independently and efficiently recovers primary tissues and cardiovascular grafts with few errors
- Able to independently pack supplies for cases utilizing knowledge of processor criteria and age ranges
- Ability to perform physical assessment, blood draw and preparation of donor for recovery
- Utilizes sterile technique to efficiently run back table, including packaging, labeling, culturing grafts and draping for recovery
- Able to input case data into iTransplant
- Works effectively with hospital OR staff to maintain good hospital relations and a cooperative work environment.
- Provides timely documentation that revised or new SOPs have been read and understood, reviews all relevant SOPs annually, and participates in required annual training and competency testing.
- Follows SOPs as written, except when authorized in writing to do otherwise.
- Participates in continuing education or other training opportunities (on-site or remotely) as determined by the Director, Tissue Donation Services.
- Performs special projects consistent with the responsibilities required for position.