Advanced Home Health and Hospice is looking for an LVN to be part of our wonderful team to support our continued growth. Advanced Home Health and Hospice is a locally owned and operated agency. We are seeking talented and compassionate nurses that want to make a significant difference in the lives of their patients.
The Licensed Practical/Vocational Nurse is responsible for providing direct patient care under the supervision of a registered nurse. Responsibilities include following the plan of care, providing treatments and working collaboratively with the members of the team to help meet positive patient care outcomes.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS/RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provides direct patient care as defined in State Nurse Practice Act, including specialized duties related to end of life care.
- Implements current nursing practice following a comprehensive assessment and the plan of care.
- Provide accurate and timely documentation of patient services to reflect the plan of care.
- Assess and provide patient and family/caregiver education and information pertinent to diagnosis and self plan of care.
- Participates in coordination of hospice services, appropriately reporting the identified needs to the interdisciplinary group. Examples include hospice aide, OT, PT, SW, ST, Dietitian or Clinical Supervisor.
- Uses and prepares equipment and supplies effectively, adhering to aseptic technique.
- Provides appropriate pain/symptom management. Evaluates patient's response to treatments/medications.
- Participates in personal, professional growth and development. Also participates in organization's quality assessment performance improvement teams and activities.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the registered nurse.
The above statements are intended to be a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by incumbents of this job. The incumbents may be requested to perform job-related tasks other than those stated in this description.