EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
• High School Diploma or GED, and a minimum of two (2) years’ commercial driving experience, preferably operating a passenger bus.
- Excellent driving record to drive company vehicle and access client facilities.
- CDL license with Passenger (P) endorsement.
- No commercial at-fault traffic accidents in the last 5 years
- Clean driving record (no traffic citations in last 5 years)
- Strong communication skills.
- Safety-oriented attitude with a true commitment to personal safety, as well as the safety of others is a must.
- Knowledge and understanding of transportation operations according to the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) regulations.
KEY SKILLSETS & ABILITIES:
- Organization and Judgment: Demonstrates initiative and exercises good judgment, planning work and carrying out tasks without detailed instructions; makes constructive suggestions; prepares for problems or opportunities in advance and undertakes additional responsibilities.
- Attention to Detail: Thoroughness in accomplishing a task through concern for all the areas involved, no matter how small. Monitors and checks work or information and plans and organizes time and resources efficiently.
- Adaptability: Ability to adapt quickly to change and be open to considering new approaches to solving problems and work processes.
- Language / Writing: Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, correspondence, and memos. Ability to write effective correspondence and presentations. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Computer: - Strong PC skills with particular emphasis on Microsoft Office (MSWord, MS Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook). Ability to quickly learn additional software programs as required by job responsibilities.
- Customer Orientation: Demonstrates concern for meeting internal and external customers' needs in a manner that provides satisfaction for the customer within the resources that can be made available.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee could be exposed to fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals and outside weather conditions. They may be required to work in extreme cold and extreme heat and is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions. Their work may involve risks to hazards such as: other vehicles, pedestrians, working around moving mechanical parts; risk of electrical shock; explosives and vibration. The noise level in the work environment may exceed 85dB and will require the use of hearing protection.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand or walk. They will need to use their hands and fingers to handle or feel and to reach with hands and arms. They will need to use their senses to see, feel, hear, taste and smell. The employee may be required to balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must be able to carry/transport/move equipment up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
- Must possess a TWIC card.
- CDL license with a Passenger (P) endorsement.
Compensation is commensurate with experience.
Employee Benefits. Benefits include relatively standard Medical, Prescription Drug, Dental and Vision insurance coverage on a cost sharing basis with the company. The company provides group term life, accidental death & dismemberment, and short and long-term disability insurance for all employees at minimal cost (75% company cost/25% employee cost). A voluntary buy up LTD program, as well as voluntary group term life insurance (and AD&D) is also available with the entire cost borne by the employee. The company offers a 3% matching 401(k) Retirement Plan. There is a generous PTO plan and holiday schedule.