The Sr. System Engineer provides troubleshooting, onsite and remote support for Information Technology such as servers, desktops, printers, phones and network equipment for small and medium business clients. May be part of a project team in implementing a technical solution.
- Responsible for responding to customer support requests through the ticketing system by taking
- Ownership of the ticket, working the problem, and documenting the resolution and time required
- Configure, deploy and manage server hardware and software configurations to include but not limited to, Microsoft Server & Small Business Server, Exchange, Terminal Services, SQL, Active Directory, Citrix, RAID, virtual environments (XenServer, VMWare and Microsoft Hyper-V).
- Configure, deploy and manage network infrastructure appliances to include but not limited to, switches, routers, UTMs, wireless access points and firewalls.
- Configure, deploy, and manage workstation and laptop hardware and software configurations to include but not limited to, Windows XP/Vista/7.
- Deploy backup solutions to ensure the integrity and recoverability of clients’ data both on and offsite.
- Provide support for mobile workforce access back to a production environment to include but no limited to, smart phones, iPad, SSL-VPN, laptops.
- Configure, deploy and manage storage configurations such as iSCSI, Fiber Channel and NAS