About the Adrienne Arsht Latin America Center
The Adrienne Arsht, Latin America Center, broadens understanding of regional transformations through high-impact work that shapes the conversation among policymakers, the business community, and civil society. The Center focuses on Latin America’s strategic role in a global context with a priority on pressing political, economic, and social issues that will define the region’s trajectory now and in the years ahead. Select lines of programming include Venezuela’s crisis; Mexico-US and global ties; China in Latin America; Colombia’s future; a changing Brazil; Central America’s trajectory; Caribbean development; combating disinformation; shifting trade patterns, and leveraging energy resources.
Overview of the Role
The Atlantic Council’s Adrienne Arsht Latin America Center (AALAC) seeks a motivated, talented, and creative digital and communications professional who is eager to help our work reach a broader audience and creatively engage a diverse network of stakeholders from the Latin America and Caribbean community. This position will manage the Center’s communications efforts including social media, email, video, and postings on the Atlantic Council website as well as support the
development of new work products.
The ideal candidate will have experience with social media campaigns, website maintenance, email marketing, working with journalists, and an interest in Latin America and Caribbean policy. The candidate should also have a proven ability to communicate effectively in English, and preferably Spanish as well, and enjoy working in a fast-paced environment.
The selected candidate will work closely with the director, the deputy director for programs, and other members of the team, as well as colleagues across the Atlantic Council.
This a full-time position and has an initial duration of 6 months, with the possibility of extension.
- Manage AALAC social media accounts and create graphics, quote tiles, email banners, and infographics as needed for social media use;
- Manage and compile the AALAC monthly email newsletter and work with the COVID team on the Aviso biweekly newsletter;
- Manage the Center’s various email lists and create curated press lists per country/region/ theme;
- Ensure AALAC presence on the AC website is regularly updated including bios, media mentions, center and initiative pages, and publication and event pages;
- Build report websites and content as needed, across portfolios;
- Support the Center in the positioning and outreach of AALAC publications, and track metrics across all communications channels;
- Additional administrative responsibilities as needed, including event support