As a Residential Coach, you will provide emotional, physical and daily living care for youths (ages 5-18) with behavioral health needs in a center-based respite home. Must be kind, patient, reliable and dedicated to making a positive difference in the lives of children. Experience is helpful, but we will train the right candidate.
This role requires documenting the day-to-day functioning of the child, provides support based on identified goals of the child, and teaching/reinforcing daily living and relationship skills. Must have a strong desire to work with children and adolescents, patience, and the ability to work as part of a team.
Job Duties include:
- Work as a member of a team alongside other Residential Coaches to oversee and ensure the safety and overall wellness of individuals residing within the home
- Maintain and utilize the home and other company property entrusted to your care, custody, or control to assure the safety and extend the item’s useful life.
- Interact with and plan activities around consumers including educational and recreational activities
- Follow all policies as it pertains to medication including but not limited to administration, packaging, labeling, disposal, and storage
- Teaching and reinforcing daily living and relationship skills
Education / Experience:
- High school diploma or GED is required
- Applicants need to be a minimum of 21 years old
- 1 year of behavioral health experience is preferred
- Remote interview process
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Temperature screenings
- Disinfecting and cleaning procedures in place
A Caring Alternative, LLC is a CARF accredited service provider with facilities in Asheville, Hickory, Marion, and Morganton, NC. A Caring Alternative, LLC is CABHA certified and a Trauma Informed Agency. We provide an array of services to Alexander, Buncombe, Burke, Catawba, Caldwell, Iredell, McDowell, and Mitchell counties which consist of Assertive Community Treatment Team, Community Support Team, Day Treatment, Integrated Care, Intensive In-Home, Medication Management, Outpatient Therapy, and Therapeutic Foster Care.
We are an equal opportunity employer.