Job Title Strategic Partnerships Associate
Position Type Full Time
Job Location TerraCycle US LLC - Trenton, NJ
Reports to Strategic Partnerships Manager
TerraCycle's mission is to Eliminate the idea of Waste®.
Headquartered in Trenton, N.J. and operating in over 20 countries across the Americas, Europe and Asia Pacific, TerraCycle is a global innovator in green business. It partner's with many of the worlds largest consumer product companies and retailers to create collection and recycling solutions for hundreds of traditionally non-recyclable waste streams. By working with companies, retailers, governments and consumers, TerraCycle is able to collect and solve for just about every waste stream, from snack wrappers and contact lenses to ocean plastics and cigarette butts, all waste streams that otherwise end up in landfills, oceans, or incinerators. TerraCycle has received hundreds of awards globally and has been highlighted in some of the worlds most recognized media outlets, including CNN, Wall St. Journal, Reuters.com, New York Times, Forbes and thousands of others.
In May 2019, TerraCycle launched its newest initiative, Loop, a global circular shopping system that enables brands, retailers and consumers to transition from single-use disposable materials to reusable, durable packaging, washed by Loop and refilled by the brands. Loop has engaged many of the world's largest consumer product companies (including P&G, Nestlé, Unilever, PepsiCo, Coca-Cola, and Mondelēz) and many of the world's largest retailers in this platform. Loop is currently available in the mid-Atlantic and Northeastern U.S and Paris and Lille France, with plans to expand into several new markets including Canada, Japan, the UK and Germany in 2020.
About the role:
The TerraCycle Strategic Partnerships team is looking for a detail-oriented, resourceful, team player to expand the company's strategic relationships program with its municipal, nonprofit, and business partners. The goal of this role is to increase the amount of waste collected through TerraCycle's Brand Partnership programs by developing, on-boarding and managing the company's strategic partnerships.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Develop and maintain a pipeline of new municipal, nonprofit, and business partners ranging from private companies, to schools, universities, and environmental organizations, to business improvement districts for strategic partnerships.
- Grow TerraCycle's Public Drop Off Location Network to support waste collection efficiencies for our Brand Partnership programs.
- Provide and sell litter prevention mechanisms and recycling solutions to current and potential partners, such as litter collection receptacles and promotional materials.
- Manage partnership deliverables and projects across departments within TerraCycle, including Operations, Graphics, Legal, PR, Marketing, and R&D.
- Supply comprehensive updates and reports externally to strategic partners, and internally to TerraCycle team members on status of all partnerships.
- Track top collectors and work internally and externally with news outlets to assist in PR efforts.
- Execute various administrative tasks such as invoicing and responding to inbound inquiries from prospective partners.
- BA/BS required
- 1-3 years of experience
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills, ability to prepare clear and concise customer-ready documents
- Outstanding organizational and time management skills
- Strong strategic and creative problem-solving skills
- Ability to juggle multiple responsibilities and prioritize tasks
- Experience with account or project management
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, specifically PowerPoint and Excel