Seasonal position working an average 20-25 hours per week from mid-May through November with an opportunity to extend the term of employment (can also accommodate students returning to college in August).
Summary: The seasonal Mosquito Surveillance Technician is responsible for conducting mosquito surveillance operations for disease carrying and nuisance mosquitoes in both field and laboratory settings, under the supervision of the Senior Education Specialist, Environmental Services Department.
- Prepares all surveillance equipment/supplies, including minor equipment repair as needed
- Conducts trapping and collection of mosquito samples
- Sorts, identifies, and prepares mosquito specimens for pooling and shipment to appropriate testing laboratory
- Complete State-required forms, enter data and record keeping
- Conducts premise surveys and source reduction measures throughout the Township
- Provides education to residents on Township surveillance activities, personal protection measures and source reduction measures
- Assists the Environmental Services department in conducting environmental education on a variety of topics at events such as Woodlands Landscaping Solutions, 3R Bazaar, Public Safety Open Houses, and others.
Applications will be accepted until April 17, 2020, or until position is filled.