About St. Mark’s
Founded in 1906, St. Mark's School of Texas is a non-sectarian, college-preparatory, independent day school for boys in grades one through twelve. The School’s charter states that it is “designed to afford its students well-rounded physical, intellectual, moral, and religious training and instruction.” The School is intended to be a diverse community of teachers and students who share a love of learning and who strive for high achievement in whatever they undertake.
St. Mark’s aims to prepare young men to assume leadership and responsibility in a competitive and changing world. To this end, the School professes and upholds certain values. These values include the discipline of postponing immediate gratification in the interests of earning eventual, hard-won satisfaction; the responsibility of defending one’s own ideas, of respecting the views of others, and of accepting the consequences for one’s own actions; and an appreciation for the lively connection between knowledge and responsibility and the obligation to serve.
Overview: St. Mark’s School of Texas seeks a Communications Coordinator to support its robust communications program and various initiatives. As a member of the Development Staff, this individual’s primary responsibility is to help create a wide variety of communication items to connect and engage the School community, which consists of parents, alumni, grandparents, faculty, and more. As the fourth member of the communications team, the Coordinator will help produce website and social media content, digital and print pieces for programs across campus, the alumni magazine, the annual report, other materials as needed and film and photograph various special events. This position reports directly to the Director of Communications. This is a non-supervisory role.
- Work directly with St. Mark’s Communications team to conceptualize, develop, and design a wide variety of materials
- Develop content across a wide range of mediums, including text for print materials, website, and social media, photography, web design, and graphic design
- Help update InDesign files, maintaining St. Mark’s style and brand identity
- Ensure visual consistency of the brand across product pages
- Deliver top-quality design work under tight deadlines
- Support activities, initiatives, and events sponsored by the Development Office as needed
- Any and all other duties, as assigned