- 18 years of age or older.
- High school diploma or GED required; one or more years of college preferred.
- Knowledge and experience in working with children in a supervised environment.
- Organized with good verbal and written communication skills.
- Possess strong leadership skills; experience in supervising and training others preferred.
- Emotionally mature; willing to accept responsibility.
- Exhibit the ability to place the needs of the campers and the camp above their own.
- Team player that can relate positively to all staff, volunteers and campers.
- Be in good health, vitality and physical stamina
Specific Certification Requirements
- Current American Red Cross CPR for Child and Adult
- Current American Red Cross First Aid Certification
- Completion and clearance of background fingerprint assessment via the APJCC specific Livescan location.
*Employees at APJCC may have availability to attend in-house Certification courses.
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Visual and auditory ability to respond to critical incidents and the physical ability to act swiftly in an emergency situation.
- Ability to adequately observe participant activities, enforce safety regulations, and apply appropriate policies and procedures.
- The physical ability to lead and interact in group activities and perform related skills.
- Ability to work both in an outside and inside environment, may involve different temperature extremes.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear.
- The employee regularly is required to stand, walk, sit, stoop, kneel, or crouch. Also may be required to climb, push, and pull at times.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds.
- Ability and willingness to get into the swimming pool to supervise camper swim times.
The working conditions described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
APJCC is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer-Minority/Female/Veteran/Disability
Disclaimer: This job description indicates in general terms, the type and level of work performed as well as the typical responsibilities of employees in this classification. The duties described are not to be interpreted as being all-inclusive to any specific employee. Management reserves the right to add, modify, change or rescind the work assignments of different positions and, when possible, to make reasonable accommodations so that qualified employees can perform the essential functions of the job. Nothing in this position description changes the at-will employment relationship existing between the APJCC and its employees