EDUCATION, LICENSES, & CERTIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant healthcare field.
- Valid State driver license with few or no traffic violations.
- Master’s degree or other certifications in relevant field, as required by state law, to provide direct patient care.
- Certifications for x-ray, dental, or medical assisting, as required by state law, to provide direct patient care.
- Minimum 4 years’ experience in a clinical setting or a medical office.
- Dental or medical experience.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Commitment to Medical Teams International Calling Statement and Core Values.
- Strong business acumen, including problem solving skills, use of technology and critical thinking.
- Language: Excellent communication skills, oral and written, in English, preference for bilingual candidates, moderately skilled in oral or written language.
- Must have exceptional people skills, management skills, ability to work with volunteer providers, patients, and staff and mediate between them and advocate for patients.
- Must be comfortable in a paperless office and with digital systems.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver results with little direction in a dynamic and often ambiguous environment.
- Ability to work collaboratively with others.
- Must be comfortable providing care to a diverse patient community.
- Ability to be comfortable interacting with the general public and volunteer service providers.
- Moderately skilled with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Teams and Outlook email and Calendaring.
- Moderately skilled with Intranet, Internet, and Skype for Business/Teams.
- Moderately skilled with Electronic Health Records and digital x-rays.
- Must provide excellent customer service and interact with people from all walks of life.
- Must have extensive knowledge of dental and some medical and nursing practices.
- Must be familiar with administrative policies in dental and medical offices.
- Must be familiar with the local healthcare safety net system.
- Must be detail oriented and able to multitask.
- Must be able to develop working relationships with staff and patients.
- Must have excellent communications skills, both verbal and written.
- Must be familiar with HIPPA policies, Medicaid, and applicable medical regulations.
- Must have experience with computer systems, especially databases, spreadsheets, and word processing.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS & WORKING CONDITIONS
Tools and Equipment Used:
- Requires frequent use of personal computer, including word processing, database programs; calculator, cell phone, copy machine, and fax machine
- Requires working knowledge of dental tools and products and/or medical supplies and equipment to facilitate the operations of a clinic
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, sit and talk or hear. The employee is required to walk; climb stairs; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands, and arms.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 30/40 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.