Start Date: August 23, 2022
Job Location: AstroCamp, CA - Idyllwild, CA
Position Type: Full Time
Work Year: School Year 2022/23
Education Level: Completed Bachelor’s Degree
Reports to: AstroCamp Program Director
Guided Discoveries, Inc.
Instructors are responsible for bringing physical sciences and astronomy concepts to life through hands-on, experiential education classes and activities to students who attend 3 or 5-day programs. The position also provides quality instruction and leadership to all outdoor programs.
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
Essential Job Duties:
- Safely and professionally implement program curriculum
- Proficient in academic knowledge of classes to be taught
- Present quality programs to school groups as assigned
- Aid in maintaining classrooms and facilities in good working order
- Communicate effectively and work well with the students, chaperones, teachers, co-workers, supervisors, and other staff
- Communicate any problems with staff or students to Program Director
- Work effectively as part of a team or on solo projects as required
- Attend and contribute to all leadership and instructional sessions for staff
- Enforce safety regulations and emergency procedures
- Understand Guided Discoveries Safety Program and responsibilities
- Lift, carry, and move heavy objects when necessary
- Drive company vehicles if necessary
- Travel Stipend – Varies with new employee’s current location
- Move In Stipend – Employee must stay with Guided Discoveries for 9 months
- Housing on campus
- Full meals provided
- Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance provided the 1st of the month after working 30 days of full-time employment
- 403b Retirement Plan
- Workers Compensation Insurance and State Disability Insurance
- Guest visitation privileges with prior permission
- Opportunity to live and work in a beautiful mountain environment
Starting at $19.50/hour
Special Skills & Abilities/Mental and Physical Demands:
The employee member is subject to environmental conditions found working indoors/outdoors. The employee member is frequently subject to extreme heat and cold. The employee member is frequently subject to loud noise when working in or around the camp. The employee member is occasionally subject to atmospheric condition such as odors, or dust.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
I hereby acknowledge that I have read and understood the content of this job description. I understand the Company at its discretion may revise the job description from time to time in the future. I understand and agree that nothing in this job description should be construed as a contract of employment and that employment with this Company is at will meaning that the terms of employment may be changed with or without notice, with or without cause, including, but not limited to termination, demotion, promotion, transfer, compensation, benefits, duties, and location of work.
Note: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Staff may perform other related duties as required to meet the ongoing needs of the organization. Management reserves the right to add, modify, change, or rescind work assignments and to make reasonable accommodations as needed.