Requirements are as follows:
- At least three years’ experience solving computer problems is expected and certifications and technical degrees are desirable. Of greatest importance is that you possess a commitment to resolving the issue, no matter what it takes.
- Good verbal and written communication ability, being able to discuss and explain technical issues in non-technical terms to which a customer can relate.
- MCSA or MCSE qualification preferred
- CCNA certification preferred
- Network + / A+
- College or IT trade school degree
Experience installing, configuring and supporting the following:
- Microsoft Windows Server
- Microsoft Exchange Server
- Microsoft Active Directory
- Office 365 and hosted exchange
- LAN, WAN, VPN and other network hardware
- Microsoft Office products
- Troubleshoot Server and workstation hardware and Operating system issues
- Scanners, Printer, and other common office peripherals
- Excellent analysis and troubleshooting skill
- Install & configure new systems and related hardware and software, including industry-specific solutions.
- Ability to work on projects individually or as a team
- Ability to skillfully and professionally handle client interactions
- Ability to build and/or expand computer networks
- Ability to travel by car to client sites as required, and transport equipment with own vehicle
- Ability to lift 50 pounds
- Able Ability to work within multiple technology methodologies/philosophies
- Expertise in Windows 7 and Windows 10. Familiarity with Windows Server 2008 and Windows Server 2012. Experience providing network level assistance with LAN connectivity, routers, firewalls and overall security.
Helpful but not required Experience installing, configuring and supporting the following:
- Labtech (Automate) networking tools
- Cisco Umbrella
- Smart phones
- Experience in managed services
PLANNING/ORGANIZATION - Ability to Prioritize tasks; Handle multiple tasks simultaneously: Handle multiple projects simultaneously: and prioritize, organize, and delegate assignments.
PHYSICAL / ENVIRONMENTAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Regularly required to sit, stand, stoop or crawl as needed.
- Requires walking, primarily on a level surface, for periodic periods throughout the day.
- Manual dexterity sufficient to reach/handle items, works with the fingers, and perceive attributes of objects and materials required. Will be required to use desktop computer, operate vehicle
- Ability to lift 50 lbs.
- Frequent travel by car is required, can include several hours of driving in a day
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The work environment and noise level in the work environment is usually typical of an office environment; climate controlled, usually quiet; private office. However, IT Field Engineers will work on-site at client locations and can be exposed to different work environments.
- Also, exposure to outdoors and variable weather conditions is likely as regular travel by car is required.
Typically 40 hours per week, generally 5 work days - Monday through Friday. However because this role is client focused hours will vary based on the client need to include evenings or weekends. Clients may require an individual Network Administrator to be on call 24/7 in case of network failures or emergencies. As a non-exempt employees, overtime is paid at one and one-half times rate for hours worked in excess of 40 per week.