We are seeking a Deputy Director of Development Operations. The successful candidate will be curious, driven, organized and a firm believer in the importance of quality data and systems management. The Deputy Director of Development Operations will report to the Director and will work closely with her and the Development Directors to support all in-house Development functions including, but not limited to, acknowledgments and database management. The Deputy Director of Development Operations will also be responsible for developing, implementing, and maintaining systems that ensure the successful and effective implementation of the department’s annual Development plan. Preference will be given to candidates with an understanding of the Atlantic Council’s work and a belief in our mission.
- Provide direct supervision and goal setting for the following positions: Associate Director, Contracts and Grants Administration and Program Assistant, Development Operations. Conduct midyear and annual performance evaluations.
- Serve as primary Development representative with the Office of Finance and Operations to include contractors, Director of Finance and Operations, and Associate Director, Data and Systems Management.
- Coordinate with the Office of Finance and Operations to review all business operations relating to compliance to ensure adherence to relevant regulations and donor requirements, including government regulations.
- Identify areas where Development policies and processes need to be strengthened to ensure legal compliance. Develop and/or modify said policies and processes and ensure all are being followed.
- Provide CRM-based projected revenue data for use in budget creation. Consult and guide Development and Program/Center Directors in CRM projected revenue data entry.
- Oversee CRM data for accuracy and utilize donor metrics for analytical purposes, including creating donation reports and performance dashboards.
- Manage the donor acknowledgement process from start to finish, including ensuring letters and tax receipts are promptly issued.
- Identify, negotiate, and manage multiple vendor relationships.
- Plan and conduct staff trainings on CRM management, gift documentation, and compliance-related policies and procedures.
- Assist with developing the Annual Report, particularly the Honor Roll of Contributors.
- Work with Development Directors to create a system to track donor ratings: capacity to give, affinity/inclination to give, readiness to give and other background information.
- Create and manage a schedule for reviewing, updating, and auditing policies, standard operating procedures, internal controls, monitoring, and reporting.
Reporting and Systems Management
- Oversee all reporting systems and processes to include contracts and grants administration.
- Manage sub-award agreements to partners, including development of sub-award agreement documents, reviewing quarterly narrative and financial reports, processing payments, ad hoc support, and closeout.
- Regularly assess the efficiency of control systems and recommend effective improvements.
- Perform periodic audits on procedures and processes to ensure project compliance with USAID 2 CFR 200, 2 CFR 700, the Federal Acquisition Regulations, AIDAR, and other donor regulations by conducting internal compliance reviews of projects.
- Produce regular and ad-hoc reports for Development and Office of Finance and Operations to ensure effective tracking and management of donations.
- Create customized reports for Development Directors to ensure proper tracking and follow up with donors.
- Manage credit card merchant processors and Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS) compliance requirements.
- Coordinate with Associate Director, Data and Systems Management to ensure proper maintenance, software updates, and back-ups are occurring of stored data.
- Maintain 4-star rating from Charity Navigator to ensure we demonstrate to our donors we follow “best practices” that minimize the chance of unethical activities and freely share information.