Job Purpose: Provide leadership and develop and execute human resources strategy in support of the overall business plan and strategic direction of the organization to include employees and volunteers. Manage succession planning, retention, talent management, change management, performance management, training and development, and compensation. Guide Veterinary Center management in its business development activities. Provide strategic leadership by articulating human resource needs and plans to the executive management team and to the board of directors
Responsibilities and Duties:
· Provide strategic advice to senior management team with respect to both human resources-specific matters and general business matters, including shelter and Veterinary Center operations.
· Maintain human resources records, including online HRIS system, volunteer database, benefit enrollment forms, offer letters, payroll action notices, job descriptions, and performance evaluations.
· Ensure human resources policies maintain compliance with employment laws and statutes. Serve as risk-manager.
· Oversee the new hire process, including recruitment, selection and onboarding of new staff and volunteers.
· Provide human resources training to staff and managers. Act as coach to develop talent and encourage the professional development of all level of employees.
· Provide performance appraisal training and maintain appraisal schedule to ensure an effective process to motivate and direct employee efforts.
· Routinely, no less than annually, review all policies and procedures in the Employee Manual and recommend to leadership, changes necessary to ensure legal compliance, alignment with organization goals and values, and human resources best practices.
· Serve as contact for employees seeking to file claims of harassment or misconduct. Conduct investigations of harassment, workplace violence or safety, or discrimination, and prepare documentation. Consult with legal resources as needed.
· Develop and implement comprehensive compensation and benefit plans that are competitive and cost effective for the organization.
· Coordinate annual open enrollment of all plans with broker. Oversee with broker all informational documentation and/or presentation on new and existing plans and distributes to all employees. Administer benefits open enrollment and maintain employee benefit records.
· Track and report monthly turnover to senior management and board of directors (as needed). Develop strategic recruiting and retention plans to meet the human capital strategic goals.
· Assist in administration of defined contribution plan; 403(b) retirement plan
· Provide support and guidance to employees and supervisors with regard to employee relations issues. Assist supervisors in employee relations investigations, prepare documentation, and advise on appropriate resolution of employee relations issues.
· Assist supervisors with review of pay grades and pay ranges in light of significant changes in job duties, required experiences, knowledge or skills, or external competition. Secure leadership approval for any recommended changes.
· Monitor and advise leadership of any salary or wage actions inconsistent with approved salary philosophy, policies and pay ranges.
· Track program statistics and routinely prepare data for regular review of company-wide data and trends. Recommend actions to improve data tracking and measurements.
· Prepare and manage the human resources portion of Business Administration budget.
· Design, implement and evaluate volunteer programs. Identify needs and opportunities for volunteers and develop recruitment, orientation, training and retention plans to ensure maximum volunteer effort for managers of volunteers, including volunteer recognition, retention.
· Provide friendly, responsive and personalized customer service.
· Keep accurate and updated records and enter data as required into appropriate shelter software.
· Maintain a clean and safe work environment.
· Participate in required meetings and trainings.
· Professionally represent SPCA Tampa Bay at all times.
· All other duties as assigned.