Gotham Greens is seeking an Inventory Control Manager to join our Operations team and will be responsible for managing processes and systems affecting inventory accuracy, with the goal of maximizing inventory availability for sales and minimizing inventory loss. This role reports to the Director of Operations and manages the Inventory Data Specialist, with dotted-line responsibility for leading Plant Operations Distribution Supervisors.
Gotham Greens is creating new ways to farm, produce local food, revitalize communities and innovate for a sustainable future. As the inventory subject matter expert for the company, you are well-versed in inventory control best practices and systems. The ideal candidate is organized, and results-driven with great problem-solving skills. This role reports to the Director of Operations.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
Inventory Control Process and System Management
- Manage procedures for all inventory, production, and distribution MRP, ERP, and WMS transactions.
- Manage co-manufacturer and third-party storage inventory transactions.
- Lead periodic inventory close-outs with Plant Operations and Accounting leadership, and assist with investigation and reconciliation of inventory variances.
- Train the Operations team on inventory control processes and best practices.
- Support Operations and Food Safety leadership with product recall procedure.
- Responsible for Inventory Control KPIs:
- PO receipt accuracy, production and yield data quality, cycle-count adjustments, customer order errors, customer order shipping document accuracy, finished good inventory out-of-stock levels, aging inventory spoilage, inventory closeout variances, Accounting audit requirements, and Food Safety recall traceability.
- Admin and super user for the ERP, MRP, production and distribution systems and tools.
- Responsible for user access, item and BOM setup and maintenance, and application configuration.
- Lead the development of training resources for production, inventory control, and distribution systems. Train the Operations team on all relevant systems as needed.
- Resolve or escalate Operations Help Desk support tickets.
- Build and maintain operations support resources in MS Sharepoint, including custom Sharepoint lists, ad-hoc MS Excel tools, and operations data for reporting.
- Provide periodic reporting for Operations and Accounting leadership, including:
- Sales vs Production reports
- Inventory transactions, such as regional transfers, donations, and samples
- Storage capacity reports
- Daily finished good inventory report
- Inventory Quality Analysis
- Research and document inventory discrepancies using all available resources to identify root causes.
- Identify inventory quality trends and recommend appropriate solutions.
WHO YOU ARE
- 3-5 years’ experience in operations leadership
- Bachelor’s Degree required from an accredited college or university
- Knowledge of operations, manufacturing, and inventory control principles
- Experience in MRP (Manufacturing Resource Planning) and ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning)
- Working knowledge of MS Office, specifically MS Excel
- Experience with SQL, and Tableau preferred
- Ability to partner and communicate with cross-functional teams
- Strong organizational, communication, and problem-solving skills
- Proactive self-starter with an ability to excel in a dynamic, ever-changing environment
- This position requires occasional night, holiday or weekend availability.
WHO WE ARE
Gotham Greens is on a mission to transform how and where fresh produce is grown. We are a pioneer in urban indoor agriculture and a leading fresh produce and food company. Through our national network of local high-tech farms, Gotham Greens delivers fresh, long-lasting, and delicious leafy greens, herbs, salad dressings and pesto dip all year round to retail, restaurant, and foodservice customers.
Today, Gotham Greens has 9 locations with 600,000+ sq. ft. of hydroponic greenhouses across six U.S. states and over 400 team members. Since its launch in 2011, Gotham Greens has grown from a single urban rooftop greenhouse in Brooklyn, N.Y., to a multi-state greenhouse operator and one of the largest hydroponic leafy green producers in North America.