The Atlantic Council seeks an engaging and experienced individual with proven writing, editing, research, and organizational skills to serve as Research Assistant housed within the Europe Center. This candidate will work with Senior Fellow Ben Judah on anti-corruption, anti-offshore, anti-tax evasion and anti-money laundering initiatives and their international dimensions, with a particular focus on the EU and the UK, as well as on other programming related to the Europe Center’s activities on a case-by-case basis.
The successful candidate will be a highly capable self-starter with a demonstrated aptitude for analytical thinking, superior writing, effective editing, and communication skills. They must also be comfortable working in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment while managing multiple projects as a member of a solutions-oriented and high-impact Europe Center team.
The position requires excellent communication, administrative and organizational skills. The Europe Center seeks individuals who have international experience and are comfortable working in an international and diverse environment.
- Support Europe Center Senior Fellow Ben Judah in conducting research for the center on projects as assigned. This can include researching popular and academic sources, taking notes in meetings, transcribing or summarizing events and broadcasts, writing rough drafts of articles or sections of reports, identifying thought leaders, and conducting background research in support of events and publications.
- Follow the research, writing, and output of the Europe Center, the transatlantic expert community as a whole, and our other programs and centers on anti-corruption, anti-offshore, anti-tax evasion, and anti-money laundering initiatives and their international dimensions, with a particular focus on the EU and the UK, as well as on other programming related to the Europe Center’s activities on a case-by-case basis.
- Post updates to the Atlantic Council website and related social media accounts.
- Ensure the publishing of high-quality, copy-edited work products and rapidly address any problems that may arise.
- Create and edit videos for the center on a project basis.
- Review content prior to posting to ensure that content has been copyedited/proofread, is complete, and that links and content are functional etc.
- Plan and write original content as well as collaborate on pieces for publication and production based on the center’s agenda.
- Provide strategic and tactical recommendations for research and web/social content based on the interrelationship of topics that you are researching as well as what is in development at the center.
- Strategize the kinds of outputs that would work best, given research, topic, audience, and proposing and executing on ways that content can be repackaged/scaled.
- Collect information meta-data about events, including high-level summaries, who participated, ideas emerging out of each of our events, and how each event connects to the overarching Center Strategy.
- Communicate proactively about priorities and workload.
- Attend Editorial and Communications meetings.
- Supplement or provide PA support where needed e.g., on events, production of videos.