Under the supervision of the Aquatics Coordinator, the Lifeguard will ensure the supervision and safety of
all patrons in the pool area by effectively carrying out lifeguard duties.
GENERAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Report at least 5 minutes prior to shift.
- Ensure that swimmers and deck patrons are supervised in pool & on deck.
- Help orient new lifeguards/staff to job duties and responsibilities.
- Assist in general maintenance of the pool (pumps, chlorine), as well as the cleanliness of the pool facility.
- Follows lifeguard duties in accordance with established safety rules, regulations and policies.
- Helps with inventory and communicates needs to the Aquatics Coordinator or Director of Community Programs.
- Assists with the daily overall pool activities (swim lessons, special programs).
- Coaches the DotHouse Health Stingrays swim team together with the Aquatics Coordinator.
- Assist with development of pool activities/programs.
- Attends meetings as assigned.
- Keep all relevant certifications current (CPR / first aid, Lifeguard).
- Assists in the entry of data into ETO and the HyTech swim team databases.
- Effectively communicates with parents, patrons and staff to resolve conflicts and ensure quality program delivery.