- An applicant must be currently attending a college, university, community college, or technical institute. Must have completed their sophomore year in college prior to the start of the internship.
- Undergraduate and graduate students must possess a 3.0 grade point average (GPA) or greater on a 4.0 scale at the time their application is submitted.
- Students must have completed their first year of college before beginning the internship.
- Students must be continuing their education in the fall following their participation in the program.
- Students must be able to successfully undergo an FBI fingerprint criminal history records check with no disqualifying crimes within the last 10 years. Additionally, the student must be able to pass a Security Threat Assessment that is conducted by the federal government.
- Students must be available for security background check at least two weeks prior to the start date of the internship program.
Physical demands: While performing the duties of this position, the employee is required to walk, sit, use of hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, reach with hands and arms, balance, stop, talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25+ pounds or more. Specific vision abilities required by the position include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to focus. Use of a computer and other personal assistance devices (tablets or mobile phone) are a must for this position.