St. Mary Parish - Littleton is seeking part-time NURSERY- Childcare Providers to staff our Church Nursery.
Guided by the Holy Spirit, we are a community centered in the Eucharist. We seek to live our faith, to grow in holiness, and to proclaim the love of Christ through service to all.
This position is responsible for providing childcare while being a team-player that maintains the procedures and processes in the nursery during liturgies and other events (in a manner in keeping with the parish mission).
GOALS & OBJECTIVES:
In conjunction with the vision of the Disciples of the Hearts of Jesus and Mary, the incumbent will assist growth in the Marys Little Flock nursery ministry and assist in the development and implementation of all nursery programs. The incumbent will accomplish this through the following functions:
- Provide childcare on a consistent schedule for a maximum of 10 hours per week
- Provide administrative assistance during their shift
- Implementation of lesson plans during Masses and other events
- Provide a sacred, welcoming atmosphere for families and children
- Be an active team member with other paid sitters and the Nursery Coordinator
Direct Manager: Nursery Coordinator
Guidance & Inspiration: Disciples of the Hearts of Jesus and Mary
Non-Exempt, Hourly, Part-time : Up to 10 hours per week.
Will work flexible schedule as necessary (nights, weekends) and will work a minimum of 2 hours per week in the Nursery.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES (to include but not limited to):
- Following prepared curriculum, implements programs and activities in keeping with weekly liturgical readings and seasonal holy days, facilitates basic prayer and worship awareness with children, ensures Catholic values and teachings are shared and upheld in the nursery
- Assists Nursery Coordinator to facilitate growth in nursery
- Helps maintain records of all children using the nursery facilities
- Helps Nursery Coordinator with new volunteer training as needed
- Commits to the policy of at least one employee Childcare Provider on duty in the nursery during liturgies, programs and activities
- Ensures that new children in nursery are in compliance with the Archdiocese of Denver Risk Management guidelines.
- During their shift, oversees the nursery facility, ensuring the environment is safe and clean and that adequate supplies are available.
- Responsible for maintaining key control and making sure nursery is secure at all times.
- Determines and reports supply and maintenance needs to the Nursery Coordinator
- Meets, on a regular schedule agreed upon in advance, with Nursery Coordinator once a month about responsibilities in nursery
2 Attends scheduled Nursery team meetings quarterly
3 Keeps open lines of communication with Nursery Coordinator and other paid Childcare Providers