knowledge, skills and ability
- Effective leadership skills demonstrating one’s ability to inspire and motivate high performance and lead a diverse team
- Ability to provide leadership to others in and outside of Legal Department and to be an effective member of the Leadership Team
- Solid understanding of laws and regulations impacting CHFA’s business operations to ensure proper compliance and oversight on business processes
- Knowledge of Colorado real estate law, commercial lending, business entities, real estate loans, real estate transactions, and familiarity with related documents
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, productively and accurately in a fast-paced environment with multiple projects and important deadlines
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Strong and effective customer service, interpersonal, and organizational skills
- Strong and ethical decision making skills
- Strong initiative with the ability to seek out relevant information prior to making decisions
- Ability to communicate, both orally and in writing, in an effective and diplomatic manner
- Ability to establish rapport with persons of diverse ethnic, racial, and cultural backgrounds
- Applicants must have a minimum of eight (8) years’ experience in a law firm or corporate law department working on complex commercial loan and real estate matters
- Preferred candidate will have experience representing a financial institution related to lending, structuring complex financial transactions, commercial loan workouts and restructuring
- Must possess a law degree and be admitted to the Colorado Bar
- Candidates with diverse qualities and backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply
Telephone; personal computer; calculator; photocopier, and Smartphone.
The incumbent in this position will perform the essential functions of the position primarily in an office environment, which requires sitting at a desk for the majority of the day.
This job description is a general description of essential job functions. It is not intended as an employment contract, nor is it intended to describe all duties someone in this position may perform.
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision insurance plans, with very low rates
- Generous Paid Time Off, including paid volunteer time, and leave programs
- Please visit our benefits page for additional information
how to apply
With respect to its programs, services, activities, and employment practices, Colorado housing and finance authority does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, or any other protected classification under federal, state, or local law. Requests for reasonable accommodation, the provision of auxiliary aids, or any complaints alleging violation of this nondiscrimination policy should be directed to the nondiscrimination coordinator, 1.800.877.2432, TDD/TTY 303.297.7305, CHFA 1981 Blake street, Denver co 80202-1272, available weekdays 8:00 a.m. To 5:00 p.m.