Osborn Engineering is seeking a Structural BIM Technician in our Orlando, Florida office location who will report to the Director of Structural Engineering, Florida. This individual will be an integral part of the design team and will collaborate with Structural Engineers and other trades to accurately draft/model and detail building and non-building structures. Primary focus is on Revit modeling with occasional work in AutoCAD.
Osborn is a fully integrated multi-disciplined design firm that uses a specialized team approach to engineering projects. These teams are comprised of a staff of more than 225 professionals that provide designs for all phases of a wide range of projects. Osborn has specialists in civil, structural, mechanical, electrical, plumbing, fire protection and life safety, technology engineering, transportation and commissioning. As an employee-owned firm, each Osborn employee is committed to education and advancement – ensuring that each project is completed with a sense of pride. Osborn’s strength lies with its people.
- Set up and produce building structural drawings concurrently with the Project Structural Engineer.
- Collaborate and coordinate internally and externally with other disciplines design-changes and model changes.
- Ensure drafting and modeling aligns with standards and goals set in BIM Execution Plan and BIM project workflow criteria.
- Create discipline specific BIM modeling content.
- Accurately incorporate drawing mark ups.
- Produce paper and PDF project drawings.
- Maintain CAD/BIM standards.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Minimum 3 years' experience as an AutoCAD/BIM Technician in an architecture, engineering, or construction environment.
- Proficiency using AutoCAD and Revit.
- Working knowledge of design and construction industry workflows and priorities.
- Ability to work on multiple projects in a dynamic environment.
- Experience in a multi-disciplinary AEC office.
- Experience in structural drafting/modeling.
- Experience with 3rd-party add-ins and content.
- Experience with BIM execution plans, levels of design, BIM contract documents, and BIM kickoff meetings.