Provides direct supervision and care of children in Kids Zone and Kids Club area. Greet everyone by name whenever possible, extend thanks whenever appropriate, and make relationship-building a high priority at all times. Provides a quality experience to children and parents that focuses on the YMCA values: honesty, respect, responsibility, and caring.
- Implements curriculum within the established guidelines.
- Designs and implements daily lesson/activity plans.
- Supervises and participates in activities with all children.
- Makes ongoing, systematic observations and evaluations of each child.
- Maintains positive relationships and effective communication with parents.
- Maintains program site and equipment.
- Maintains required program records.
- Improvises quickly and appropriately when faced with unexpected circumstances, so as to better meet the needs of members.
- Arrive on time for scheduled shifts, wearing appropriate uniform and name tag, and prepared for all assignments.
- Available on weekends and nights to meet the needs of our members.
- Bottle feed and diaper change of infants/toddlers.
- Be present for entire shift or find replacement.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Certifications required within 30 days of hire: CPR/AED & First Aid and New Employee Orientation. Online trainings required prior to the start of employment.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and problem solving skills.
- Ability to relate and communicate effectively to diverse groups of people from all social and economic segments of the community.
- Minimum age 16 required, 18 years of age is preferred.
All employees are expected to act in a manner in line with the YMCA values and within the confines of the information listed above. Anyone found not acting in these manners will receive disciplinary measures up to and including verbal warnings, documented infractions, and/or termination.
WORK ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Visual, auditory, and verbal ability to communicate effectively.
- Must have high level of alertness, concentration, and initiative.
- Sufficient strength, agility, and mobility to perform job responsibilities.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs. and stand, walk, or sit for extended periods of time; occasionally stoop/bend.
- Maintain a neat and professional appearance at all times.